Would you like to use your skills to help non-academic talent to have the same career opportunities you have? Join the Heyvolution!
We use a rich data set we collect along the hiring processes of many companies & machine-learning technologies to connect people to their next job. On the other side, with the HeyJobs platform, we enable recruiters - our customers - who are desperately looking for talent, to get their open positions filled quickly with perfectly matching candidates.
With more than 1500 customers and a team of 120+, our vision is to become the trustworthy career advisor for talent in Europe - making exhausting and non-transparent application processes a thing of the past.
By the end of 2020, we want to help 1 million people to find the right job to live a fulfilling life.
Our talent platform team designs, builds, and runs the next generation talent experience for millions of people.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer in the team, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining significant parts of our user flows and helping us become the go-to career advisor for skilled workers. Your work will involve discussing, helping to design and implement various parts of our frontend product, including, but not limited to: user flows, layouts, controls, and interactions. In your role, you will ensure that our site scales to millions of users and can cope with bots, crawlers and search engines.
We rely on a/b testing for any significant changes that we introduce, and you will be expected to own the a/b tests and the setup behind them.
- 4+ years working with frontend web development (any framework)
- 1+ year working with React
- Experience in any web backend, any language
- Willingness to get into node.js backend work
- Experience in and drive for testing and test driven design
- Experience with automated UI-testing
- Experience in using Docker or other containerization technologies
- Excellent spoken and written English communication (German not required)
- The skills that make you an excellent team player
- Experience in mentoring junior colleagues
- You have Ruby/Rails experience
- You are passionate about automation
- You are a software engineering generalist
- You’re good at implementing monitoring solutions and profiling your applications
- You have experience in systems architecture
- Experience in using AWS
- Prior experience in scaling a web application to millions of users
- Work with the Product Owner to design and build various components and flows that help and enable users to find the right job.
- Participate in and lead designing APIs and interactions between backend and frontend in order to persist data and fulfil business needs.
- Face and solve application scalability challenges.
- Manage and mentor junior colleagues in the team
Want to know more about us?
- Great product with purpose: To help people get the right job to live a fulfilling life. Learn more about it here.
- Welcoming company culture: Our values - Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, Drive - are integrated in all areas of our organization and build the core for a respectful and people-focused culture. Learn more.
- Diverse Team: 23 different nationalities, 47% women (50% women in leadership), 45% of employees working in tech, LGBT+ champion
- Modern technology stack: Check out our Stack.
- High-quality equipment: Electric standing desk, MacBook of choice, Air-conditioned rooms, etc.
- Career development: Clear 7-step career path supported by In-house trainings and personal development budget for external trainings/conferences
- Secure Job: Over 1’000 large clients, proven business model & over 20M€ financing
- Work-Life Balance: Flexible working hours, paid sabbaticals, remote work possibilities and more
- Perks & Benefits: weekly team lunch, annual company retreat, sports membership, employee stock options, fresh fruit & great drinks and much more
- Great Office: Berlin-Kreuzberg, Paul-Lincke Ufer - great lunch options and food markets
We are proud to have been continuously ranked as one of Berlin's best tech employers! See for yourself: Top Tech Employer in Berlin , Kununu, Glassdoor, Top 25 LinkedIn Startups.
Check out our blog, Linkedin, or our tech blog to find out more about us.