PURPOSE & REQUIREMENTS: The Designer is responsible for creating both proven and new designs from accepted, personal styles of artwork with limited supervision. The Designer exhibits a solid understanding of product and is an efficient problem-solver in a range of styles and techniques. The Designer needs to understand and address multiple, unique Anagram clients.
All applicants must have an online portfolio available for review
1. Develops fresh, innovative, creative approaches to social expression products through the use distinctive and innovative design styling
2. Efficiently manage his or her work load while meeting all technical requirements for quality reproduction. In addition, develop further what is by now an adequate knowledge of the business procedures.
3. Maintain a current understanding of the retail environment, trends, fashion, commercial and fine art, while integrating into his or her work what is applicable to social expression products. Be able to anticipate marketplace needs.
4. Develop and perpetuate good working relationships with his or her direct report, other studio members and business units.
NATURE AND SCOPE JOB:
1. Reporting Structure: The designer reports to the Creative director. The Designer may advise one or more Technical Artists or directly supervise interns, temp help when appropriate.
2. Product Creation: The Designer maintains a strong, steady production of proven and new, high caliber designing for Anagram products and assumes technical, as well as aesthetic responsibility in the on-time completion of those assignments.
3. The Designer pursues maximum product effectiveness through careful attention to editorial direction and/or product intent. The Designer is dependable problem-solver. She or he has the ability to bring any assignment within his or her styling range to a successful conclusion.
4. The Designer assumes responsibility for his or her personal, proactive, creative development.
5. Team Interaction: The Designer works constructively with carious creative teams (e.g., planning teams, studio, brainstorms groups, etc.) toward the development of creative/business strategies and product.
6. Professional Conduct: The Designer assumes management responsibilities for his or her own work and for the work of his or her direct reports. The Designer is responsible for being knowledgeable of day-to-day studio procedures.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EDUCATION REQUIRED:
1. 2-4 year degree in Graphic Design preferred
2. Experience working with licensed designs is a plus.
3. Have the ability to manage multiple projects and remain flexible through multiple revisions while keeping a keen eye to the attention to detail.
4. Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Word and Powerpoint.