Committed, dynamic and with a passion for precision, we revolutionise the world of measurement and survey.
Main responsibility of the BSP team is to provide and maintain a tailored operating system image for an extensive range of Leica Geosystems' products, such as 3D scanners, High precision measurement instruments, GNSS antennas.
Embedded BSP/Linux Kernel Engineer (f/m/d)
This appeals to you
- Definition with cross functional teams, bring up, customization and maintenance of the kernel OS image and its integration in the CI system
- Integration and configuration of drivers for hardware modules as various as cameras, 2D/3D graphics, wireless front ends, power management ICs
- Development of drivers to interface the Leica specific components, such as sensor boards for IMU, angle, camera
- Ensure our high product quality by developing and executing platform-specific tests
- Define the process to assemble, calibrate & produce the instruments together with electronics and production engineers
- Want to gain first insights of the products you are working on, then visit Laser Scanner RTC 360
This is you
- A relevant university qualification (Bachelor / Master / Ph.D.) in computer science, mechatronic or electronic engineering
- Advance development skills in C or C++ on embedded Linux on ARM platform, (BSP, kernel and driver development, usage of hardware and software debuggers)
- Experience with AOSP is a plus
- In-depth understanding of Linux, Yocto, OS internals, open source development, tools, libraries
- Familiar in using git-based repositories and CI/CD systems
- Experience with cmake, conan or similar is of advantage
- Structured thinking and strong ability to diagnose hardware and software issues; Hands-on hardware bring-up, system debugging and code optimization
- Experience using script language like python is an asset
- Strong communication skills in English, ability to work in an intercultural and agile environment
Our innovative solutions and products are characterised by the highest efficiency and reliability. Help us to improve the future and join us working on a global success story. Find out more about Leica Geosystem, part of Hexagon and become part of something bigger.
How can I apply