We are seeking a Product Design Manager to join the Cascade Maverik Lacrosse Team in Syracuse, N.Y.
We are Cascade-Maverik Lacrosse. We are the brand leaders in the design and manufacture of Lacrosse equipment. We set industry performance and reliability benchmarks with our top selling helmets and gear. And we are Peak Achievement Athletics. We are a part of the Peak brands that include Bauer Hockey, Easton Baseball and Cascade Maverik Lacrosse.
Passion. Creativity. Integrity. Teamwork. Ambition. Innovation. These are the qualities that we embody every day. We know that teams who bring a variety of skill sets, experiences and perspectives to challenge the status quo and create game-changing product means we are doing right by the athletes and coaches we serve. We know that great people are what makes our brand great
Evolving the sports world and being the best partner for players is no small task. We are looking to add hard-working, ambitious, team-first individuals who desire to make a difference —and who love to help others win.
As the Product Design Manager, you will create new and revolutionary design DNAs and own the long-term design vision across all product categories. As a visionary and leader, you are unapologetically focused on the consumer, generating hyper-relevant stories and products that excite the sports markets. You have a professionally balanced approach to work within a dynamic and creative environment while also balancing the need for operational excellence and speed to market.
Specifically, you will:
• Create and maintain the visual design language and conceptualization for Cascade Maverik Lacrosse products.
• Advocate storytelling throughout the design team and drive intuitive visual solutions in product concepts
• Present stories and ideas cross functionally with effectiveness and confidence to gain consensus
• Drive team members to work within the constraints of close to market dynamics and speed
• Be at the global forefront of design trends, innovation, and application
• Create inspiration / trend (mood) / color boards for new line development
• Lead the integrated design direction
• Develop tech packs and communicate design concepts within the company and to Asia-based manufacturers by:
o Developing 2D and 3D rendered graphics
o Creating a design language (e.g. logos, color ways, finishes, cosmetic elements etc.) to adorn the products
• Work with the Marketing and Product teams to gain ongoing consumer insights and profiles
• Build critical relationships and leverage expertise and capabilities from inside and outside the organization to deliver results and create value
• Establish knowledge of innovative and alternative development techniques to allow for breakthrough design ideas
• Work with our Product / Sourcing teams and our vendors to ensure product design can be commercialized for production to meet our business objectives
What We're Looking For:
This role requires a bachelor’s degree in industrial design, or product design related field plus 5-7 years’ experience in the design of consumer products, preferably in sporting goods, or other consumer goods. And 2 years of responsibility for the leadership of others.
Other qualifications include:
• Experience managing projects for recognizable brands and leading teams through timely delivery and results
• Experience working across a variety of mediums in the design and production of branding, product design, and packaging
• Ability to quickly synthesize current market fashion, material and performance trends into design
• Strong sense of color
• Experienced in producing spec packs and technical drawings
• Exceptional 2D Skills: hand and computer sketching
• Ability to synthesize design-inspired consumer insights
• Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Solidworks, Keyshot and CAD experience.
• Ability to travel 10% domestically and internationally
• Demonstrated passion for Lacrosse
What We’ll Provide
Located in the heart of the Fingerlakes Region of Central New York, Cascade Maverik sits in the picturesque village of Liverpool, just outside Syracuse and the Onondaga Lakefront. Very nearby are many outdoor attractions including the Adirondack Mountains region, Great Lake Ontario and the Finger Lakes Wine Region.
We offer an open, collaborative, work environment with best in class amenities and perks, including:
• Medical, dental and vision
• 401(k) with company match
• Life insurance
• Paid maternity/paternity leave
• Professional development opportunities
• Casual dress (yes, jeans every day!)
• On-site fitness center
• Summer hours
Go to http://www.cascadelacrosse.com Careers. Select Liverpool from the location drop down, then click “search” and select the Product Design Manager position and “apply”.
Please complete the on-line application and “Submit”. Attach your resume and a link to your Design Portfolio.
Cascade Maverik Lacrosse, LLC is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Only those persons chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Cascade Maverik Lacrosse is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.