We’re making moves at Harley-Davidson. We’re pushing this company to very new places. We have the privilege of working for one of the greatest brands in history, and we want to have fun while we do it. This brand was made legendary by people having a great time being creative, riding motorbikes and living to tell the tale.
The role of Lead Copywriter is embedded within H-D Creative Studio: a multidisciplinary group of designers, illustrators, photographers, editors, producers, motion graphics artists, and strategists. We support, integrate, and collaborate with our peers in Retail, General Merchandise (apparel), and Parts & Accessories. We shape and steer the brand by providing the overarching creative vision for all marketing efforts. This role is responsible for concepting and developing creative copy for all consumer-facing brand moments, working in close partnership with the Creative Director and team at large. This includes development of original content, online collateral (banners, taglines), advertising campaigns, email/newsletters, and other online marketing initiatives. You’ll be in the mix with pretty much everything.
While this role reports into our Milwaukee, WI corporate office, we are open to this individual working remotely from a home office.
• Develop, craft and champion the voice of Harley-Davidson
• Collaborate with the Creative Studio, Content/Channels team, and project stakeholders to create engaging copy that speaks to the diversity of our riders
• Support all consumer-facing instances of branded copy: H-D.com, social channels, dealer POP and displays, promotional campaigns … everything.
• Contribute to our publication, The Enthusiast: the longest-running motorcycle magazine in history
• Provide editorial and story-producing assistance to the Motion & Stills team for video and motion graphics projects
• Embrace challenges in a collaborative, positive manner
• Degree in Journalism, Advertising, Marketing or relevant field preferred, not required
• Minimum 7 years related experience
• Profound interest in motorsports preferred, and how it relates to music, film, sport, art, entertainment
• Proficiency in all relevant, modern workplace programs
• Collaborative problem-solver who can both provide and take direction well
• Strong communication skills. Not afraid to have difficult discussions in constructive ways
• Multi-tasker that thrives in a collaborative environment