Would you like to use your skills to help non-academic talent to have the same career opportunities you have? Join the Heyvolution!
We use a rich data set we collect along the hiring processes of many companies & machine-learning technologies to connect people to their next job. On the other side, with the HeyJobs platform, we enable recruiters - our customers - who are desperately looking for talent, to get their open positions filled quickly with perfectly matching candidates.
With more than 1500 customers and a team of 120+, our vision is to become the trustworthy career advisor for talent in Europe - making exhausting and non-transparent application processes a thing of the past.
By the end of 2020, we want to help 1 million people to find the right job to live a fulfilling life.
Provide technical, scientific and people leadership for our Budget and Recommendations (BAR) team, which comprises data scientists and machine learning engineers.
Direct business outcome impact: Our budget and recommendations products are key components of the core value creation process at HeyJobs, and strong delivery by the BAR team is critical for our success.
End to end responsibility: The BAR team is in charge of designing, prototyping, deploying and maintaining our marketing automation optimization processes. The role, therefore, has a wide scope, from scientific and research based innovation to robust production-grade systems.
- Proven experience in leading data science teams, which includes having successfully solved business problems through data-driven solutions, in collaboration with product owners or other business stakeholders
- Deep understanding of machine learning processes and algorithms, with a strong educational background in the field
- Demonstrated ability to be a scientific leader in leading, mentoring and challenging new data science developments
- Exposure to cloud technologies for modern on-demand data science is required. A successful candidate would have already demonstrated the capability to own production decision engines, solving machine learning cases for Kaggle or Academia is not enough.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and an eye for details
- Ability to work in a fast and practically oriented environment
- Clear and structured communication of ideas
- Fluent in English
- Track record in setting up processes and frameworks to efficiently build data products at scale
- Previous experience in algorithmic marketing is a strong plus
- Prior experience in hiring and developing data scientists and machine learning engineers
- Experience with AWS
- Lead data science research and development of machine-learning-powered features in the scope of marketing mix optimization and recommendation engines
- Mentor and develop data scientists and machine learning engineers
- Own the architecture of our machine learning solutions
- Partner with the product owner to maximize business impact of all our data-driven solutions
Want to know more about us?
- Great product with purpose: To help people get the right job to live a fulfilling life
- Welcoming company culture: Our values - Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, Drive - are integrated in all areas of our organization and build the core for a respectful and people-focused culture. Learn more.
- Diverse Team: 30 different nationalities, 43% females (34% female leaders), 45% of employees working in tech, LGBT+ champion
- Modern technology stack: Check out our Stack.
- High-quality equipment: Electric standing desk, MacBook of choice, etc.
- Career development: Clear 7-step career path supported by In-house trainings and personal development budget for external trainings/conferences
- Secure Job: Over 1’000 large clients, proven business model & over 20M€ financing
- Work-Life Balance: Flexible working hours, paid sabbaticals, remote work possibilities and more
- Perks & Benefits: weekly team lunch, annual company retreat, sports membership, employee stock options, fresh fruit & great drinks and much more
- Great Office: Berlin-Kreuzberg, Paul-Lincke Ufer - great lunch options and food markets
We are proud to have been continuously ranked as one of Berlin\'s best tech employers! See for yourself: Top Tech Employer in Berlin , Kununu, Glassdoor, Top 25 LinkedIn Startups.
Check out our blog, Linkedin, or our tech blog to find out more about us.