The Quality function aims to provide easy-to-use and useful tools and frameworks for our Defence engineering division, and the partners and vendors that we collaborate with. This enables them to test, release and operate their high-quality products quickly, reliably, repeatedly, safely and with confidence. Shipping the highest quality software to our customers and partners will be central to the long-term success of our simulation platforms.
We are keen to hire a senior / lead SDET to provide leadership and guidance to our growing SDET group. We envisage that you will help shape our Quality function as a whole and develop best practice across our entire organisation.
Areas for Impact
- You will help design, grow and lead a best in class Quality organisation, developing and mentoring the talent that we hire.
- You will guide delivery teams in choosing & implementing the right solutions that work for them.
- You will lead the design, build and delivery of a range of test tools and frameworks to ensure high-quality software delivery to our customers and partners.
- You will lead the implementation of continuous integration and delivery for the software stacks we support.
- You will join a team at it’s foundation, shaping a best-in-class testing culture and directly contributing to the success of our distributed simulation platforms.
- You will review and improve the release processes of the various teams, identify and resolve any bottlenecks that prevent faster and more frequent releases.
- You will educate teams on the software development best practices via consultancy, communities of practice, bottom up grassroots.
- You will be the domain expert and voice of quality and rigour through testing, automation, continuous integration, delivery and monitoring.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- You have experience leading the development of test tools, frameworks and harnesses in a modern, cloud-based software environment.
- You enjoy mentoring developers and more junior testers in building, testing and integration practices.
- You are an effective communicator; able to justify the business or technical decisions for the automation (or not) that you take.
- Experience developing testing strategies for cloud-based applications, especially those related to Kubernetes.
- You enjoy solving hard problems and developing simple tools and processes so everyone can solve those hard problems. You are pragmatic and a natural collaborator with the ability and desire to help other developers improve their development, workflow and testing practices.
- You have experience with high-volume IT systems, understanding of their architecture and SLAs
- You have experience releasing software in production via continuous integration and delivery systems (i.e. Jenkins, Buildkite, or other commercial solutions) and familiar with their setup and maintenance.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.