GoPro makes it easy for people to celebrate and share experiences. We believe life is more meaningful when shared. We build cameras, software, and accessories that help the world share itself in immersive and exciting ways.
GoPro is a global movement whose business is driven by shared experiences. We celebrate diversity. We practice inclusion. We foster belonging. We demand equality. And we share the experiences of individuals and communities who also hold these values as core to who they are. From Bucharest to Munich, Silicon Valley to Shenzhen, we are dedicated to building a company that reflects and honors the diverse global communities where we live, work, and play.
Join our Software User Experience Design team at GoPro! We’re looking for a smart, hardworking, creative, friendly, responsible person to effectively help GoPro execute on company vision, create great products and make a great working environment.
At GoPro, our design team is focused on software experiences including: web, desktop and mobile product design and development. We’re looking for a Sr. Interaction Designer who can create useful, intuitive, user centered designs from project conception through execution. You’ll be involved in the entire software development process to ensure the quality of the final product. It’s not a small or easy task, but is rewarding and fun. This position is located in our Paris, France office.
You will support team members and provide tactical deliverables to meet project needs and help develop concepts. You will produce quality workflow mappings, wireframes, prototypes, user flows and annotations with high attention to detail. Your work will be grounded in research activities including usability testing, heuristic reviews and competitive analysis.
- Create flows, user journey maps, annotate complex interactions and other communication artifacts
- Deliver clear information architecture and generate pixel perfect designs
- Design consistent interfaces and experiences across multiple devices and operating systems
- Collaborate with distributed teams of designers to ensure design consistency and quality across apps
- Work closely with stakeholders to design new features from the ground up. Support your partner teams to successfully drive design that makes a great customer experience and meets business goals
- Advocate for our users through clear communication and articulate design rationales
- Pitch and present designs to stakeholders for sign-off
- Observe, document and partner with user research to refine design concepts and deliverables
- Partner with other disciplines to ensure high quality work
Skills We’re Stoked About
- A four-year degree
- Additional study in HCI, Human Factors, Psychology, Information Science, Interaction Design or Graphic Design discipline or related field and 4 years experience in User Experience design - OR -
- 5-7 years experience in User Experience design for web/mobile/desktop applications for front-end customer facing companies
- Enough research experience to be dangerous
- A robust portfolio of your work across multiple devices and platforms
- Experience with video editing software
- Basic understanding of front-end development technologies
- Familiarity with common social platforms
- Knowledge and understanding of common design and interaction patterns utilized in web/mobile/desktop applications
- Drive to continue to learn by staying up to date with industry news and developments
- Exceptional presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- Thorough understanding of responsive design
- Mentors UX professionals in day-to-day User Centered Design methodology and principles
- Agency experience desired
- Fluency in French and English
Bonus Points for:
- Experience developing user experience solutions with agile methodology
- Content Strategy skills
- Qualitative Research
- Get your very own GoPro (Mounts and accessories included)
- Subsidized lunch and snacks galore
- Gym fee compensation
- Transit benefit - 50% of the applicable public transportation pass
- Excellent healthcare insurance coverage (Health-premium paid for 70% by GoPro)
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan
GoPro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.