Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, with more than 1,000,000 works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 of the world’s leading galleries, auction houses, art fairs, and institutions across 190 countries.
We are seeking a technical Data Analyst who enjoys working strategically; thinking big, questioning existing assumptions, and uncovering new product and business opportunities.
Artsy has a dynamic, data-driven culture in which analytical insights guide continuous improvement in our products, operations and strategy. By building strong partnerships with key stakeholders in business, product, and engineering, the Data Science and Analytics team develops and enables insights across all our products and business operations. We work on challenges like defining the right metrics to track, implementing ways to track and measure those metrics, and recommending and leading initiatives to improve them.
As a Data Analyst, you are comfortable operating in unstructured environments and can proactively identify problems and opportunities, communicate them clearly to stakeholders and leadership, and offer data-informed suggestions and solutions.
- Strategic partner to PM and business leaders to drive the right business outcomes
- Build statistical and machine learning models (like Time-Series Forecasting Models, Regressions, Kmeans Clustering, Random Forest, SVM etc.) to answer business and product challenges
- Designing and report on A/B tests using rigorous hypothesis testing methods
- Model data in our data pipeline and Looker in response to reporting requirements
- Maintain and contribute to the ETL (extract-transform-load) pipeline
- Work with stakeholders to ascertain modeling needs for analytics and reporting purposes
- Inform, set and track Key Results for our product and business teams
- Communicate results to leadership, peers, and the wider team
- 2+ years of relevant analytical experience at a technology company (or 1+ year of experience and a degree in a quantitative field)
- Proficient with SQL and statistical programming in either R or Python
- Knowledge of probability, statistical bias and inference, and how to calculate statistical power of an experiment
- Knowledge of common statistical and machine learning models and how to apply them to real-world problems
- You have experience designing compelling data visualizations and explaining difficult concepts simply
- You can prioritize work in terms of impact and velocity and you’re unafraid to make hard calls about how to spend time
- You are able to work both independently and collaboratively within a dynamic data analytics org to initiate and promote best-practices across the team
- You are passionate about defining problems and reaching conclusions, and can discover the backstory to any data point
- You understand that data doesn’t fall from the sky in .csv form
Artsy has six core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art:
We are obsessed with art because we believe in its power to move us and change the way we experience the world. Together, we are dedicated to expanding art’s impact on humanity.
Own Our Outcomes:
We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness:
We trust in our teammates. We have the courage to be vulnerable, to communicate honestly, and to invite diverse perspectives. A more open art world starts with us.
Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace learning, growth, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection:
Using both Art and Science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.
Do the Right Thing, Always:
We are building a company and community we can all be proud of. We make decisions with honesty and integrity, even when it’s not convenient. Empathy, respect, and inclusivity are core to our mission.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.