MaxPayLoad is a startup technology company building workflow tools for the transportation and logistics industry. We are looking for a full stack developer, who is comfortable working virtually and has experience with at least one development stack, but we’re also hoping you have dabbled with a few other languages and are comfortable with front-end development and also with one or more databases.
We're looking for a highly skilled full-stack developer, who is also a disciplined self-starter capable of working in a fast paced, agile team environment. You must be exceedingly confident in your work and have a passion for designing and building quality software. Additionally, we’re looking for an engineer that embodies our culture and core values of integrity, customer experience, teamwork, and determination.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years working in a fast paced, agile driven team
- Excellent programming skills with Java, Object-Oriented analysis and design
- Familiarity with typical J2EE stack
- Strong SQL skills and familiarity with MySql
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda, Cloud Formation, Code Deploy)
- Familiarity with the Spring Framework, React.js and Node.js
- Proficiency with GIT
- Strong familiarity with any of the build technologies - Maven, Gradle, etc
- Good knowledge of software development principles and design patterns
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Couchbase)
- Experience with transportation and logistics datasets or large datasets (over 500M rows)
- Familiarity with Exasol
- Familiarity with Python and its data science libraries
- Familiarity with with Atlassian tools (Jira, Bitbucket)
What you might do on any given day:
- Participate in paired programming with both junior and senior developers.
We’re a small team so there will be a lot of getting-it-done without worrying about who is “supposed” to do it. So in addition to bringing your development talents to the table, we may also need your help with other types of work, such as:
- Quality Assurance - Testing products, assessing quality factors affecting functionality and design specifications, and documenting problems and defects.
- Customer Service - Assisting users in troubleshooting and educating them on how to get the most out of our products.
- User Experience - Building lightweight, functional prototypes that will help us validate our solutions before we invest too many development hours.
We think you’ll enjoy working with our team if you:
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, and participate in technology communities.
- Can be flexible, agile, dependable, and responsive even when there are a lot of moving parts and prefer that over following rigid processes and guidelines.
- Collaborate well with others (even non-technical folk) and try to understand their points of view so that you can reach the best possible solution for everyone.
- Have a positive yet practical attitude; You are willing to take on any task that might help take one of our products, or our company, a little further.
This position might not be for you if you:
- Are not comfortable with showing unfinished work to clients and users.
- Want to plan every aspect of an app before starting to code.
- Would rather be an expert in a single stack or language rather than learn multiple stacks.
- Don’t really want to do front-end development.
- Prefer owning a project or area of code individually rather than working collaboratively.
If you’re interested in applying:
Our ideal candidate is going to hold a bachelor’s degree, and we’d love to hear the story of how your degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Human-Computer Interaction, or anything else is going to help you add to our team. We’re a growing company and care very much about creating an amazing work environment with great growth opportunities, and hope that you’ll join us early on and help shape a bright and exciting future for our ambitious company.