Sweet Spot PR is a digital marketing agency specialising in data-driven content designed to bridge the gap between journalism and public relations. We help our clients to scale their online visibility and improve their SEO by securing top-tier coverage in news outlets around the world.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic junior content assistant to help the Content Manager and the Head of Content with everything from writing press releases and blog posts, to conceptualising creative ideas and brainstorming content innovations. This position is ideal for a keen graduate writer with experience interning in an office environment, looking for a stepping-stone into a career.
- Writing web copy, press releases and blog posts.
- Coordinating social media posts and researching the latest social trends.
- Brainstorming creative campaign ideas.
- Proofreading and QA.
- Researching statistics to strengthen content.
- Crafting and designing infographics.
- A degree (or equivalent) in English Literature, Journalism, Creative Writing or a similar writing-intensive field.
- English-native level writing and communication skills, with an eagle-eye for detail.
- Examples of published written work outside of education assignments, for example blog posts, freelance articles, or an internship portfolio.
- The ability to write short, sharp and engaging copy, as well as persuasive long-form content.
- A positive can-do attitude, an eagerness to learn and take on responsibility and a willingness to jump in and help, even if a task is outside of your usual remit.
- Organisational skills and time management is crucial, as is the ability to keep your cool under pressure.
What we can offer:
- Office/internship experience.
- Photoshop or graphic design skills.
- A second language that you feel comfortable enough to write and communicate in.
- Social media management experience.
- An interest and understanding of public relations, digital marketing and SEO.
- The opportunity to learn about PR, SEO and Creative Content.
- Coaching from our Head of Content to help hone your skills and show you how to adapt your writing to meet business needs.
- A flexible start-up mentality with the chance to be a key player in an exciting venture.
- A fun and friendly working environment that values personal and professional growth.
To apply for the Junior Content Assistant position, please write us a short cover letter telling us about yourself and explaining your motivation, and include some samples of your written work and your CV.