With a mission to grow and engage our community of purpose-driven business professionals globally, we are looking for a Graphic Design Intern for Business of Purpose, who will be based in Berlin.
Business of Purpose is the community for purpose-driven business professionals who are on a mission to build a business world that champions sustainability, well-being and equity. It exists to connect and supercharge this community of like-minded professionals, already +500 members from +50 countries. Business of Purpose is a sister company to TrendWatching, founded in Amsterdam in 2002, one of the world’s leading consumer trend firms.
Your primary role is to support our Senior Designer based in London, on various ongoing design needs related to the two pillars of Business of Purpose: Insights (resources, innovations and purpose-driven insights that educate/inspire members) and Community (about fostering connections, experiences and creating impact among members). You will also get the opportunity to work on many other TrendWatching related projects such as refreshing our website design, career platform, working closely with our Rotterdam-based Head of Design.
If you are a self-starting, people-oriented person who thrives on working remotely and independently, as well as within a small local team, this could be the perfect role for you!
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Solve ongoing design needs for our Business of Purpose’s Insights and Community, with our Head of Design.
- Prepare inspiring and beautiful project materials (both web and sometimes print).
- Collaborate with the Senior Designers on updating the visual identity for Business of Purpose.
- Ensure consistent design across our output - web-design, social media promotions presentations, and other marketing collaterals.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- A student currently enrolled at a German design or arts institute, preferably with a graphic design background.
- You feel very comfortable with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- You have a good command of English, both spoken and written.
- You are ambitious and excited to think of new solutions rather than following existing paths.
- You have interest, or even better, experience with UI/UX.
- You have a good sense for Typography.
- You are passionate about Visual Identities.
- You follow what is happening in the Graphic Design scene, in the ‘now’!
- Experience with moving images could come in handy!
- Contributing to a more purpose-driven economy.
- Seeing your work having an instant result, audience & impact.
- Being part of a young team and working with and learning from experienced professionals from truly all over the world.
- Joining a fast-paced company, getting a flavour of the complete picture and organisational blitz-scaling.
- Lots and lots of experience and skills in A-Z brand design at top-notch innovation and trend research firm.
- A story for your portfolio like no other!
Send us your portfolio, a brief motivation letter and 3 examples of branding projects/website designs you find the most inspiring!
Please email our Head of Community, Judit Sáez at [email protected]
before the 7th of September 2020. Only selected applicants will be contacted for further steps. Good luck!