We are an award-winning, innovative technology company that develops scalable, profitable solutions for media companies to increase their digital advertising revenues. Our more than 100 customers include the largest daily newspapers and magazines in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Benelux. We are based in Berlin, Munich, Sofia (BG) and Carlsbad (CZ) and all over Europe.
For a completely new product, we are searching for a
Lead WordPress Developer/Architect
About You and Your Experience
- Self-responsible, independent, logical thinker with "hands-on" and "can do" attitude
- Uncanny ability (and desire) to dive-in to unfamiliar systems and learn on the fly
- Deep understanding of Wordpress, plugins, 3rd party APIs, etc. and the underlying architecture/logic of the CMS
- Solid understanding of web development best practices like HTML and CSS with a focus on cross browser support
- Experienced in development and implementation of WordPress Plugins
- Proven track record of complex successful WordPress projects beyond simple websites
- Strong understanding of PHP from a WordPress perspective
- Ability to turn XD files into a WordPress theme
- Knowledge in Pagebuilder like Elementor
- Knowledge in XML, JSON and REST APIs
- Ability and willingness to work with a team using a unified/documented development and coding style
About the project
- Multi-Site setup for various large European newspapers based on WordPress with complex, graphic-intense long read articles, tools and local listing directories.
- Complete Re-Design of the UX of WordPress CMS for sales teams in the newspapers to allow them to build or re-use content without any CMS trainings
- Additional pre-sales and after-sales tools like lavish reportings/dashboards, sales materials with automatic screenshots of the pages, sharing of designs and contents across newspapers, etc.
- Additional features for the local listings like e-commerce features, couponing options, etc.
- We have a MVP but you wqill start from scratch and make every architecture decision without restrictions. You define the long-term success of this project!