Around the world, people, society, governments and businesses are growing conscious of the impact that our actions are having on the planet and its inhabitants, and are rallying for change. Companies and brands have the opportunity to send a clear message that they are a force for good, beyond profit. Companies are in a unique position and have immense potential to engage their employees for good.
At Alaya, we empower people to change the world, one act at a time. We believe that everyone can make a difference, no matter how small it may seem. We make corporate giving and employee volunteering easy, customisable, and measurable, while driving outcomes that matter to companies, employees, and non-profits across the globe. Offering a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), our technology and world-class service enable companies to build a compassionate, purpose-driven culture and engage employees while serving the community—all through one platform.
To grow our team of 25 people, we’re looking for a Sales Manager based in Germany.
You will be in charge of developing the German market entirely.
After initial training, your main objective will be to expand our operations with companies in that region.
Among other tasks, you’ll be involved in the following activities:
- Analysing the German market trends, competition and generate opportunities by understanding client needs
- Managing the sales process from active leads sourcing to closing deals and onboarding corporate partners
- Performing online and Face-to-Face meetings with company prospects to present our digital platform and services
Brainstorming on new solutions to further develop our offering on Employee Volunteering, Corporate Giving and Impact Reporting
While you’ll have a great degree of autonomy, you will also be fully supported by the Alaya team in Switzerland, including marketing, sales and product functions, who will do their very best to make sure your objectives are reached successfully.
Who we are looking for
- You will have a permanent full-time position at Alaya and receive the best possible training from our teams.
- You will be expected to be very autonomous and to take responsibilities by learning and proposing new solutions and alternatives to the team.
- You will be part of a young and motivated group of professionals who are passionate about making a difference in the world. We offer a challenging and motivating role with the possibility of taking more responsibilities as the company evolves.
- The remuneration includes a base salary and an interesting commission scheme. Most importantly, you’ll be joining a start-up in a very exciting stage, of rapid growth and international expansion. You’ll join the company after a successful Series A investment and the sky’s the limit!
The role can be based in any of the major cities in Germany.
The ideal candidate would:
You live the Alaya Values!
- Have a proven track record in closing sales, a passion for entrepreneurship and for reaching out to people to present a service/ product and negotiating contracts
- Are a German native-speaker and fluent in English and not afraid of being challenged by the Human Resources Director or CEO of Fortune 500 companies
- Have a bachelor degree in management, administration, marketing, international relations or a related field
- Passion: You inspire others. You care deeply about Alaya’s success and your colleague’s success. You celebrate achievements!
- Innovation: You re‐visit issues to discover practical solutions to difficult issues. You challenge assumptions and suggest better solutions. You keep it simple.
- Performance: You accomplish great amounts of important work. You demonstrate strong performance, above your peers, and colleagues can rely upon you. You make mistakes. But learn quickly from them!
- Ethics & Respect: You make no compromises when it comes to ethics. You don’t hide information, you never lie, you don’t jump into conclusion without sufficient information. You always respect everyone around you, no exception.
- Curiosity: You learn quickly and eagerly. You seek to understand our business, strategy, users.
- Fun: You bring happiness to work and make people around you happy. You make jokes, and accept jokes. You’re pleasant to work with.
Most importantly, you have a passion for doing good and engaging people to change the world for the best.