We are looking for a motivated Senior Data Engineer with a strong understanding of both software engineering and DataOps topics to join our cross-functional data engineering team.
In this role, you will:
We're looking for people with:
- Build and improve the infrastructure required for performant and scaleable ingestion, transformation and retrieval of terabytes of data from a variety of sources
- Work with a mix of structured and unstructured data across cloud-based batch- and streaming architectures
- Create and maintain data tools for business intelligence and data scientist teams which assist them in building and optimizing our product
- Identify, design and implement internal process improvements: optimizing data delivery, automating manual processes, upscaling of the infrastructure, etc.
- Be the link between engineering teams and our data infrastructure, which transfers the ownership of data from the individual teams to a cross-team structure
Good to have:
- 4+ years strong Java Core (8/11) development experience.
- 2+ years of experience in Python
- Good foundation and 2+ years experience in either of Spring MVC/Core, Spring Data and Spring Boot.
- Experience with Apache Spark
- Experience with using AWS Cloud services, clients and products such as RDS/SQS/S3.
- Exposure to Big Data/Scale out deployments.
- Experience with deploying applications to containers using Docker, Docker Compose, ECS or Kubernetes
- Shell scripting, ssh, ability to use linux based command line tools.
- Good understanding of REST APIs, Authentication, OAuth2 and consuming third party services.
- Strong testing experience
Nice to have:
- Ability to define and deploy architecture using Terraform and/or CloudFormation
Why should you join Sellics? We offer:
- Data modelling, SQL querying and optimization; Database connectivity using JDBC/Spring Data.
- Experience with Kotlin
- Working knowledge and daily use of Maven and/or Gradle
- Knowledge and ability to use OpenAPI and Swagger tools
- Knowledge of NoSQL
- A talented, growing company and tech/product team
- A very well-located office in the heart of Berlin Mitte incl. a rooftop terrace with pool
- Competitive compensation package and defined career paths
- High level of responsibility and space to develop
- Flexible office hours
- Urban Sports Club membership
- Remote working days
- Free food and drinks, regular team events
- Self Improvement Grant funding for external educational pursuits, and additional time off for professional growth
- Professional coffee-machine, and the best coffee beans Berlin has to offer ;)
- Visa sponsorship and assistance for non-EU citizens
- Participation in our all-expenses paid annual company trip
- A friendly, open, multi-cultural work environment with colleagues from over 35 countries
Sellics is revolutionizing commerce, starting with the world’s biggest online marketplace: Amazon.
From starting as a group of friends with targeted business insights and under €2,000 in self-invested startup capital, we’ve transformed into the force we are today: a profitable and funded Scale-Up company providing data-driven and Ai-powered B2B SaaS solutions to help Sellers, Vendors, and Agencies across the world be successful on Amazon.
The secret to our success is our team, a group of more than 115 highly-engaged, intelligent, dynamic employees from over 35 countries, spread out across our offices in Berlin and New York City. We’re a pack of people who care about each other, the values we live by, and the success story we’re all helping to write.