Permanent, Full Time
About the role
As an Engineering Lead (f/m/x) your main objective is to enable your team and stream to reach their full potential. You will conceptualize features with your Product Manager, architect and hands-on implement technical solutions, and work with and mentor engineers of your team.
How you will contribute
Who you are
- Contribute technical perspectives to strategic decisions and collaborate on the company’s OKRs and their initiatives for your team and value stream
- Understand and promote a sense of priority and a strong desire to deliver functionality under the aspect of adding business value
- Contribute to the code base and feature implementation by developing software, reviewing work and participating in creating scalable architectures
- Guide and mentor the engineers in your cross-functional team to help them grow and constantly improve
- Align approaches and decisions with other teams and stakeholders across the company
- Collaborate with senior leadership to live a culture of learning and feedback to grow our tech ecosystem
- Promote a culture of excellence, where best practices and industry standards are an everyday habit
- Participate in hiring talented engineers into the engineering organization
- You led of 4 - 7 engineers and understand the mechanics of a team
- You are able to contribute to the all aspects: development of employees, business and technical aspects as needed
- You are a true team player with strong communication skills and empathy, who is eager to grow a team, and have a passion for building products that our users love.
We are Zenjob, a Berlin-based fast-growing digital staffing company backed by strong international investors including Acton Capital, Atlantic Labs, AXA Venture Partners, Forestay Capital, and Redalpine Venture Partners. Our technological staffing solution is used daily by thousands of students and hundreds of well-known brands in sectors such as e-commerce, logistics, fashion retail, food retail, and hospitality.
Having recently closed our $30m Series C financing round, we will continue a rapid roll-out of our services across Germany and beyond into the international market.
For us at Zenjob our culture is our key to success. We live every day by our four values: honest, humble, hungry and helpful. We embrace inclusiveness as the core element to shape diverse and therefore powerful teams.
Engineering at Zenjob
Technology is core to Zenjob's vision. Our engineers from all over the world are building the services that power our platform – our mobile and web apps, our matching core, and the digital document management system. Engineering works alongside Product to support every department to create value for our users and customers. We love to adopt new technologies, and strive for ownership and excellence to build the work platform of the future. To achieve this goal, we base everything we do on our 5 engineering principles: speed, simplicity, stability, scalability and security.
Zenjob wants to create a great experience for both talents looking for work, and companies searching for part-time help. To meet our users needs we are organised into two value streams with multiple cross-functional teams. A third value stream provides the infrastructure, as well as shared services.
On top of that, we are building an internal engineering community that supports our growing team and maintains best practices and technical excellence throughout the department. Building a large scale platform is not only a technical challenge, but an exciting social and organisational one as well.
Our tech stack
Our platform is powered by AWS
. These tools form the foundation that allow us to deploy and scale fast and easily. Everything is monitored and logged by Prometheus
including request tracing for better observability.
Our microservices and backends are running on Nodejs
, and Java
with Spring Boot
which include easy-to-use templates for new microservices.
On the client-side we run on React and Redux
with the help of a Microfrontends
for the web, while we use Swift
for iOS and Kotlin
for our Android Apps.
We test our software by using Selenium
, JUnit, Spock,
We store data in various persistence technologies like Kafka-Streams, Postgres and Redis
, while also using SQS
for both asynchronous and immediate service-communication. We make use of technologies like ElasticSearch
to perfectly match talents to the right job.
We empower our teams to experiment with new technologies by using our Technology Radar
, in order to give great user experience for our customers. The insights we gain from our users flow back into our product development through A/B testing
and constant feedback.
If this sounds good, then we’d love to hear from you
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation support and visa sponsorship
- Diverse and inclusive workplace
- Free catering once a week
- Yearly personal conference budget
- Free language courses
- Great equipment
- Free drinks & fruits
- Collaboration on choice of technology
- Collectives & meetups to learn and improve
Please send us your CV and outline briefly why this position is of interest to you, what
you will add to the team and what you're most passionate about.