PMO / Portfolio Delivery Office - Associate - Governance, JIRA, PMO, Tableau
The CIB Strategic Program Delivery (SPD) group manage program execution for all mission critical X-LOB initiatives and SLOB initiatives that are either in distress or where there has been a specific request from a Senior Executive. SPD also provide triage across CIB for highly complex firm-wide initiatives or initiatives that are not technology led / owned. Reducing delivery risk for critical and high risk programs whether they are being managed by LOB or SPD; are Agile or Waterfall; or highly technical.
The team has proven critical in the coordinated delivery of major business initiatives across NAMR, EMEA and APAC..
The group drives a diverse portfolio of programs, cross-LoB or single LoB, with a focus on risk, complexity and criticality. Whilst the majority of the delivery work is conducted within specific LoB technology teams, the SPD group provides a point of consolidated management across all streams and into the business stakeholders.
Individual role description
The CIB Strategic Program Delivery group drives the execution of the CIB Technology change agenda, ensuring it operates effectively and efficiently against its commitments. The group's skills enable change to our existing business, working with CTO technology groups to deliver key strategic cross-CIB transformation programs.
You will join a team that is growing in all regions.. You will be part of the central Portfolio Delivery Office driving standardisation and process optimization whilst also potentially being embedded within an initiative to provide governance support across the NAMR, EMEA and APAC regions.
To be successful in this role you must be prepared to work in a challenging yet rewarding environment delivering a first class product exceeding client expectations. You must enjoy creating and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders. You will be responsible for partnering with CIB Business, Operations, Technology and Production Management Leads to ensure critical deliveries meet the firm's exacting delivery expectations.
You'll be someone who loves to make things happen, has excellent communication and engagement skills, passionate about innovation and driving change, and can operate at the highest level. You will have a proven multi-year track record of delivery within complex, multi-asset programmes via a disciplined approach.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team managing critical, strategic, cross-asset, cross-CIB technology change.
The role is based in London UK.
* Experience of PMO / portfolio management from a strategic perspective
* Track record of successfully overseeing change programs and effective operating models in a complex, multi-work stream, multi-location context in global financial institutions.
* Expertise in JIRA and the ability to encourage adoption across different project teams that are driving multiyear change initiatives that may be more suited to a waterfall rather than Agile delivery approach
* Experience of Tableau and how this can be used to present complex e2e delivery information to a senior audience to facilitate discussion and allow strategic decision making
* Experience of executive level communication e.g. producing decks/data for senior leadership to a high standard
* Understanding of a broad range of product lifecycles. Functional expertise in one or multiple Markets business asset classes (preferably front office or middle office functions) is beneficial.
* Proven experience in managing and governing at a Project, Program and Portfolio level from Initiation through to Closure, defining certainty from ambiguity and managing stakeholder demands and expectations as the requirements evolve.
* Strong understanding of both waterfall and agile techniques, preferably with experience of the application of both in a project/program environment.
* Experience of working in global, matrix managed, teams across multiple regions and countries, enabling a 'one team' culture and a positive working environment, respecting the cultures and capabilities across locations.
* Excellent problem solving skills, ability to quickly broker solutions and resolve conflict situations.
* Proven track record of establishing appropriate oversight and control, metrics and driving and tracking optimisation opportunities by creating a continuous improvement culture.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels, including ability to communicate effectively with a senior audience.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work ArrangementJ.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.