Data & Systems Lead
CEST timezone - London or Europe Remote
Who are we?
The companies that win today are those that put an understanding of their customers and prospects at the heart of their organisation; the investment in a central data team is an essential part of this journey. COVID-19 and the global switch-off of the in-person economy is accelerating these trends: interacting with and understanding your customers online is key to surviving and thriving in the new environment.
At Snowplow we are focused on powering the data journey that these central data teams are embarking on. To win in the new world, it’s essential that the data team can focus on the journey to value and mastery, and not get derailed by costly data delivery issues or burdensome organizational complexity. Snowplow helps data teams to do this, offering a data delivery platform that collects and operationalizes behavioral data, at scale.
It’s an exciting time here at Snowplow. We are actively selling in 14 countries with hundreds of customers and thousands of open-source users; Snowplow is well placed to weather the ongoing economic storm, having recently closed its Series A fundraising with MMC Ventures.
To support us with our ambitious goals, we are now looking for an exceptional person to join our wider Operations team, reporting into the COO to build out and develop the Data & Systems function at Snowplow.
As we grow as a company, you will be instrumental in helping us to develop our internal data and system capabilities to give our teams the tools and data they need to excel. You will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team and Heads of Departments to drive significant improvement in the use of our systems and provide effective data insights.
This is a hands on role for someone to lead the data team for one of the few technology companies that builds software wholly for data teams. If you are excited about working in a fast-paced environment, solving complex problems, working with stakeholders across the business and helping to drive insight through data then we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will design and implement a data strategy for Snowplow from data collection to insight.
- Work with and guide teams to identify data insight needs.
- You will produce and oversee the implementation and production of data insight reports.
- Provide analysis including comments and recommendations related to reports generated.
- Ensure analytics tools are set up to support business measurement and reporting requirements.
- You will work closely with Marketing and Sales Ops to manage the systems that support those teams.
- You will establish interfaces between core systems (Salesforce, Zendesk, Pardot, etc) to ensure teams have access to information.
- You will be responsible for coordinating and managing change over our core business systems working with the teams throughout the business.
What you bring to the team
- You love to solve complex business problems
- 3+ years experience in data engineering, analytics, BI tooling Experience in collecting and manipulating data is key.
- You’re a pro at juggling priorities, project management and collaborating with teams to deliver impactful solutions.
- You can understand the tradeoffs between different solutions and delivering business value.
- You are enthusiastic about optimizing business performance through technology.
- You maintain knowledge and awareness of industry trends.
- You are adaptable and don’t mind working in an ambiguous, ever-changing environment.
What you’ll get in return:
- A competitive package, including share options
- 25 days of holiday a year (plus public holidays)Freedom to work from wherever suits you best
- Two fantastic company Away Weeks in a different European city each year (or when this isn’t possible, we have “Stay Away Weeks”)
- Employee Assistance Program with Health Assured which includes therapy sessions.
- Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and challenging problems
- Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation
- MacBook or Dell laptop
- Convenient location in central London for those who want to work there
- Continuous supply of Pact coffee and healthy snacks in the office when you’re here!