CareerFoundry is building the most human-centric online education experience for career changers in the fields of UX, UI, web development, and data analytics. We’re rated one of the best online bootcamps by CourseReport and are growing in the US and Europe by more than 60% per year.
We’re looking for an experienced social media manager to drive CareerFoundry’s organic growth across our owned social media channels (Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter). They will report to the Editorial & Social Lead, and work closely with a team of content editors, designers, and videographers. They will take over the entire social media management lifecycle, including ideation, planning, production, community management, and reporting. They will be “the voice on social media” for CareerFoundry— being in charge of adapting CareerFoundry’s tone and writing style to the specific channels’ needs, opportunities, and dynamics. They will work with the rest of the Editorial & Social Team and the Marketing Department at large to promote blog articles, campaigns, and events through CareerFoundry’s owned social media channels.
This is a full-time position based in our office in Berlin, Germany.
Mission as the Social Media Manager
The Social Media Manager will focus on building an engaged audience across social media channels, with the primary goal of contributing to CareerFoundry's organic growth.
More specifically, the Social Media Manager will be responsible for
1) Content ideation, planning, and production
- They will own CareerFoundry’s social media content calendar, from ideation to release, across a number of channels (Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook), placements (feed, stories, live) and formats
- They will collaborate with our in-house designers and videographers to produce engaging visual assets
- They will keep track of results, using data to constantly iterate and optimize their ideas
2) Tone of voice and copywriting
- Alongside the Editorial and Social Team, they will refine CareerFoundry’s social media content strategy and tone of voice
- They’ll be responsible for all (English) copywriting efforts related to CareerFoundry’s social media channels
3) Community management
- They will reply, on a daily basis, to the incoming questions, interactions, comments, and requests that CareerFoundry receives via social media
- They will connect with our communities of students, alumni, mentors, and career specialists to share their stories
- They will build connections and partnerships with influential social media accounts that are relevant to the fields CareerFoundry operates in—such as career change, tech, design, and online education
How to Apply
- 2+ years’ experience with managing social media channels for brands and products (ideally in the education/online learning sector), both on the content and the community side
- Creativity—an eye for engaging content, both in written and visual form
- Familiarity with social media best practices related to setting and measuring KPIs, and optimizing channel performance
- Enthusiasm and curiosity towards new trends taking place in the social media landscape
- Comfortable managing projects and timelines with a fair degree of independence
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, unsurprisingly! We are a growing team that values positive working relationships and mutual support
Please include a CV or resume and a cover letter detailing why you’re a good fit for this role.
We offer a welcoming culture and benefits
As a CareerFoundry employee, you get to help students improve their lives every single day through practical, applied learning. In order to achieve this, we cultivate an environment of growth and celebrate the idea of change as we push ourselves to become the best online bootcamp in the world.
- Flexible working times and working-from-home days
- Competitive salary and opportunities to grow your skills on the job, with performance reviews every 6 months and regular professional development check-ins
- A yearly education budget for each employee to learn new skills
- All the benefits of German health insurance and other social security
- An optional company retirement insurance plan
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support if needed
- Free access to the CareerFoundry courses
- Dog-friendly office and as much coffee (or tea!) as you need
- Regular team events, breakfasts, and holiday parties
- A nice, bright, and air-conditioned loft office in the middle of Berlin
- A product that has a real positive effect on the world by helping thousands of people change their lives through education
- A lot of autonomy and freedom in making decisions and leading initiatives
CareerFoundry is an equal opportunity employer. It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to their skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.