Remote. Rails. Medical Imaging, EMR integration. 5 years experience. Show us your code ;)
Trice Imaging is looking for a talented, innovative Senior Software Engineer to join a small development team building a distributed medical image management and communication system that runs in the cloud (AWS). Trice is a completely remote company with people all over the world, but the development team is based in the US. This position requires US residency.
- Design, build, and maintain scalable, efficient, reusable, reliable, and maintainable back-end Ruby code
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Effectively and efficiently communicate with other team members, as well as other departments, on goals, use-cases, best practices, features, relevant standards, quality objectives
- Ensure application scalability, security and performance
You’ll be working on things like:
- EMR interfaces between Trice’s image management system and our clinical customers
- Developing industry-leading UX for medical professionals and consumers
- Implementing new application features and APIs for use by mobile and web clients
- Performance and Security optimizations
- Experience developing robust, performant Rails applications
- Strong background in web technologies, including a deep understanding of web application architectures, algorithms, data structures, how distributed systems fail, and software engineering principles.
- Experience with deploying Rails applications to AWS
- Experience with relational databases (we use Postgres)
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years’ experience designing and developing enterprise grade software
- 3+ years of team software development
- Self starter, highly motivated and works with little or no supervision
Nice to have
To thrive at Trice you identify with all or most of the below:
- You have and value high energy and high intensity work that fancies innovation and creativity.
- You are a self starter and take pride in managing yourself
- You are a clever team player with lots of integrity and don’t mind standing up for your ideas.