Creative Assembly are looking for a Data Integration Engineer to join our CA Live Services Team based at our studio in the heart of West Sussex. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team and have an impact on a wide range of projects within the studio.
In this exciting role, you will be working in a close-knit and flexible team, developing software through design and implementation to system testing, integration, and deployment. The successful candidate for this role will be an excellent communicator and be comfortable and confident working with developers across the studio to understand their requirements. A passion for professional development and a commitment to teamwork is key for this position.
In the role of Data Integration Engineer, playing a key role in providing business critical online games service.
In this role you will be instrumental of the integration process of our online services On a day to day basis, you will be:
- Collecting requirements from our game teams
- Advise developers on technical implementation
- Convert developer requirements into fully documented technical designs
- Implement approved designs
- Provide alternative solutions to gameplay problems
- Design & implement tools to improve development speed, reliability
You will also work with the wider Creative Assembly team, particularly with the game, brand and web teams.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Extensive experience with a high-level programming language (Python, C/C++/C#, LUA etc)
- Strong engineering principles and a methodical approach to problem solving and software development
- Expertise with automation, CI pipelines
- Experience of working in both Windows and Linux environments
- Strong understanding of version control systems and workflows, commercial experience in at least 1 distributed VCS (git/perforce/mercurial etc)
- First-hand experience at working in memory-constrained and performance-sensitive systems
- Experience working with online services and APIs
- Experience writing high quality and thorough design documentation
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- UX / UI design experience
- Understanding and working knowledge of HTTP and Restful APIs
- Development experience and passion for online video games
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or a similar discipline
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Avid gamer