We are looking for an experienced and talented Software Developer to develop, test, document, and implement solutions for SoloProtect clients and devices. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have experience working in agile teams, and excellent communication skills.
- Develop solutions for SoloProtect product offerings using .NET languages and your experience of GIS solutions
- Work closely with a Team Lead and a UI team to deliver stable, efficient, and scalable solutions.
- Be proud of stable, reliable, and secure code
Role and Responsibilities:
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality.
- Interpret written requirements and technical specification documents
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Ability to collaborate closely with product managers, business stakeholders, and software developers
- Work iteratively and exhibit a happy willingness to incorporate feedback during the design process
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on an overall design roadmap fundamental principles
- Continually keep yourself updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards
- Participate in code reviews
- Contribute substantially to team goals set by the Manager
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned by a Manager
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of relevant, real-world development experience
- Demonstrable experience of developing software and publishing maps using GIS technology, including various map engines such as Google Maps, QGIS and ESRI ArcGIS
- Experience adding mapping detail layers such as indoor floor plans to map engines and publishing to web-based software applications
- Experience with a Real-Time Location Service (RTLS), preferably at a development level
- Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts utilizing spatial analysis and map projections with the GeoJSON data format
- 5+ years of experience with .NET languages (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET/ MVC, .Net Core) leveraging - - Visual Studio 2015 and above
- Strong understanding of relational database design and Microsoft SQL
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Convert Designs into working interfaces
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process
- Self-Motivated, especially if working from home
- Experience working in TFS and/or GIT
- Production experience building Azure services and migrating applications to the Cloud, utilizing - --Azure Functions, Logic app and Data Factories.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Development experience with ESRI ArcGIS or QGIS
- Experience with cloud-based SaaS application development (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience with big data search platforms such as Elastic Search
- Experience integrating IoT devices collecting GPS and location data
- Experience working with a version control tool ideally Git.
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience creating and implementing RESTful web services
- Ability to create unit tests
- Ability to create behavioural unit tests
- Mentoring Junior Developers