The Platform Team at Tessian
We're looking for experienced DevOps engineers to join us on our predominantly cloud centric infrastructure. You should be experienced with (and excited by!) ideas like infrastructure as code and "cattle not pets", and be prepared to design, develop and support the various offerings of our system. Because of the sensitive nature of our work flexibility is a must. We deploy to AWS today, but may want to extend to other cloud offerings in the future.
We are extensively using Docker to manage our application code, so this role gives a chance to build on modern software deployment techniques, and we use a range of cloud services to orchestrate, secure and manage our application stack. You'll be investigating and proposing microservices architectures and coming up with new ways to deploy and scale Tessian's platform.
You’ll be growing your skill-set on an ongoing basis; regular and continuous development is something we believe in and as an employee we will seek to create opportunities for you to evolve. Our agnostic approach to problem solving means we favour hiring engineers who pride themselves on the ability to learn new skills, their comfort with the unknown and their willingness to experiment.
This role may involve, at times, client side visits.
Some of the technologies we’re working with include Node.js, C#, Python, Postgres, MongoDB, Spark, and our current cloud stack revolves around AWS, Docker (on ECS), Ansible and Terraform.
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Is a great problem solver who takes pride in their work
- Enjoys building scalable and resilient systems
- Has strong experience managing a range of production applications in a distributed and highly available cloud services environment (AWS preferable)
- Has experience with containerization (Docker) and high level container orchestration systems (e.g. ECS/Kubernetes/Swarm)
- Has experience with automation and configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Terraform, and Puppet)
- Has a deep understanding of Linux operating system and administration skills, and shell-scripting skills
- Has a deep understanding of server/network security concepts and implementations
- Has created and worked with microservice infrastructures
- Ideally has some experience deploying solutions to enterprise clients
Why we think you'll love it here:
- It’s important to us that all Tessians are part of the journey we’re on, so we offer equity options with every role and benchmark to provide above market rate salaries - there’s plenty more too….
- Be at your best, both inside and outside of work
- A full week of work-remote a year, in addition to 25 days of paid holiday
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Curate your career with development experiences uniquely suited to you
- We’re family friendly, with policies built to support you in all stages of life
- High-quality tech kit provided for you to work on including Tessian ANC headphones
- If you're relocating to join the team, we'll provide a contribution to help with your costs
- Work from home subsidy to cover all of your office must-haves
- Because everyone loves food...
- A plethora of breakfast options, delicious snacks, drinks and a top-of-the-range coffee machine
- Team lunch provided on Fridays - normally with more hummus than you can shake a stick at
- Dinner budget for those times you just can’t tear yourself away
Equality & diversity
- Beyond work
- Elite membership of the Tessian House System...
- On Fridays we stop at 5 and share team updates and drinks
- Monthly team socials & a big, whole team extravaganza every quarter
- Never-ending ping-pong tournaments
Tessian is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. The Human Layer we're securing is diverse, and we know we need to be diverse and inclusive to successfully create HLS that reflects this. You can read our equality and diversity statement here
As part of our commitment to equality and diversity, we're also a corporate member of the WISE Campaign
for gender equality in STEM & we're a founding member of the WEDS network
driving diversity & inclusion in startups.
Please note that we do not accept applications or résumés from recruiters. Any unsolicited CVs, profiles, or names, submitted in any format, by any channel, to any of our team, will be deemed to fall outside any terms and/or conditions with either the person submitting the information or their company of employment/representation.
Please note, that any job offers will be subject to the candidate passing background screening checks.