We are ProtoPie
is the easiest interactive prototyping tool for all digital products. Designers can turn their UI/UX design ideas into highly interactive prototypes for mobile, desktop, web, all the way to IoT. They can explore, validate, and test design solutions and ideas by creating very realistic, production-like prototypes without code and the help of engineers.
ProtoPie is widely used at various companies all over the world across industries, e.g., Google, Microsoft, GoPro, Samsung, Nintendo, BMW, IDEO, Reddit, TikTok, Huge, and Robinhood.
What You'll Do
As a Lead UX Researcher, you will create a deep understanding and empathy around users' needs and motivation for designers, engineers and marketers. You will achieve this via doing primary research as well as delving into the motivations and behaviors of users through various research methods and initiatives.
With your research efforts, the product team can make a more usable, better and seamless ProtoPie for users. You’ll cultivate change throughout the product development cycle by communicating your findings in a way understandable for anyone in the company.
Candidates have excellent communication skills, are knowledgeable about digital design, passionate about being putting cutting-edge tools in the hands of makers.
Ideally, you are based in the San Francisco Bay Area and eligible to work in the United States. Also, you are willing to work remotely with the team based in Seoul, South Korea.
- Cooperate closely with the product team to identify research topics.
- Conduct independent research using a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative methods, varying from field visits, surveys to online experiments, such as A/B testing.
- Design studies addressing user needs, behavior, and motivations related to the ProtoPie ecosystem.
- Work cross-functionally with designers, engineers and marketers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Understand and consider the business and technical side of things when doing research.
- Communicate research findings clear, creative and compelling ways for anyone to understand.
- BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Design, Psychology, Sociology, or another related field.
- Proven experience utilizing different methods, including but not limited to contextual inquiry and usability studies, for research design.
- Relevant experience on either generative, usability, or evaluative research across multiple projects.
- Based in the San Francisco Bay Area and eligible to work in the US (no visa sponsorship possible).
- Master's degree or higher in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Design, Psychology, Sociology, or another related field.
- 3 years of relevant work experience in applied product research.
- Record of applying research to make impact across the board.
- Great understanding of the pros and cons of various research methods, including when and how to use them.
- Excellent communication skills to convey user research findings to team members cross-functionally.
About Studio XID and ProtoPie
Studio XID is the company behind ProtoPie
. It was co-founded by former Google, Samsung and Naver employees.
We're a small but growing team in Seoul, South Korea, with a shared passion for anything tech, design and KBBQ!
...And together with you, we'd like to embark on our mission of arming people with the prototyping tool so intuitive, fast, and powerful there's never a barrier stopping anyone from exploring and realizing a new idea.
How to Apply?
application ➡️ screening interview ➡️ on-site interview
Eager to join our growing team? Send us your CV and application letter to [email protected]
. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Based on the CV and application letter, you'd be invited for a screening interview that takes place via video call.
If you pass this round, you'd be invited for a series of on-site interviews with members of the team or again via video call depending on where you are located.