Junior Software Developer
LGT Capital Partners is a leading alternative investment specialist with USD 60 billion in assets under management and
more than 550 institutional clients in 37 countries. An international team of over 500 professionals is responsible for
managing a wide range of investment programs focusing on private markets, liquid alternatives and multi-asset class
solutions. Headquartered in Pfaeffikon (SZ), Switzerland, the firm has offices in New York, Dublin, London, Paris,
Vaduz, Dubai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Sydney and Frankfurt.
As a junior software developer, you will be an integral part of the News Based Trading (NBT) team. NBT team develops
innovative financial technologies that forecast market returns from financial news and constructs quantitative trading
strategies based on these forecasts. We are a dynamic, close-knit, entrepreneurial team with cross-functional
responsibilities. You will work with the quantitative analysts on the implementation and deployment of trading
strategies and with the software developers on maintaining and extending the proprietary news retrieval, signal
generation and trade execution systems. You will participate in the full product lifecycle, including design,
implementation, testing and monitoring. We are looking for an efficient, proactive, reliable and analytical individual
who can work independently and is eager to learn new technologies and take ownership of the as-signed projects and
- Learn on the job; build up an in-depth knowledge of the databases, applications and tools utilized by our team;
- Participate in the development and maintenance of various automated systems (news retrieval, news parsing, signal
generation, trade execution, trade reconciliation, reporting) and fix defects, as necessary;
- Participate in the maintenance and enhancement of the proprietary software stack using C#, Python, T-SQL;
- Participate in the maintenance and enhancement of the research infrastructure, including the research and deployment
environments, financial data management and other development tools;
- Participate in the monitoring and support of the systems operation, including troubleshooting and debugging;
- Collaborate with prime brokers to resolve trading issues;
- Collaborate with internal and external counterparties to implement new and maintain old applications and tools;
- Provide on-call support during global trading hours, as needed.
- Masters degree in computer science, information systems or a related field;
- At least three years of professional experience in software engineering;
- >2yrs experience of software development in the Windows environment and in C# programming;
- >1yrs experience in / with:
- Visual Studio
- Python programming
- SQL (Joins, Stored Procedures, and Functions)
- Relational Databases (i.e. SQL Server, MySql);
- Matlab programming experience is an advantage;
- In-depth understanding of the core principles of OO design and its application;
- Good knowledge of data structures, algorithms and various design patterns;
- Good knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC): design, programming, testing, code control, build and
- Familiarity with the standard tools for source control such as GIT/TFS;
- Pragmatic approach to software/technology development and the ability to perform successfully in a high-pressure,
If you are interested in becoming an integral part of a successful alternative investment management team in an
international, multicultural working environment we will be pleased to get to know you soon.
For further information please contact us.
LGT Capital Partners AG, Pfaeffikon
Bitte bewerben Sie sich über unser Online-Formular.
Senior HR Manager
LGT Capital Partners Ltd.
+41 55 415 96 17