Sweeten is a fast-growing, award-winning tech company founded by three trained architects. We're a team of super-ambitious, fun-loving people who are working to bring together the worlds of construction, design, and tech. We're creating trust and transparency in the $400B renovation industry by building the go-to marketplace for major renovations.
We are seeking a temporary, freelance designer to work on a full-time basis for a period of 15-18 weeks, with some possibility to extend. We are looking for someone with great communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, and technical know-how that can work collaboratively with our remote startup team.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with Sweeten’s creative director and other members of our growth team to support the company’s marketing initiatives.
- Utilize brand standards, creative briefs, reference/research materials, and strategic best practices to design impactful visual solutions.
- Support weekly content production cycles by prepping photos and graphics for blog articles and owning digital newsletter layouts.
- Organize and maintain digital photo and marketing asset archives.
- Design digital ad creative for both general contractor and renovator audiences.
- Aid in the development and refining of Sweeten’s new brand style guides, and help us transition our digital platform and assets from old branding to new and unified.
- Work proactively, anticipating and solving creative problems and identifying opportunities to improve workflows as well as creative output.
- Use Slack, JIRA, video conferencing, and email daily to communicate and collaborate with members of the team.
- Provide direction to photographers for project photo shoots, and assist in coordinating shoots between photographers and Sweeten renovation clients. (COVID-dependent)
- Take care of any other, sometimes urgent, one-off design requests as-needed.
- Must have a strong understanding of design principles, branding, print collateral, digital ads, web collateral, and online/e-mail marketing, with a heavy emphasis on digital design.
- Working knowledge of production requirements and limitations when designing for responsive web experiences and digital marketing campaigns including websites, apps, emails, display ads, landing pages, and social media creative.
- Excellent digital file structure and asset management skills. Lots of attention to detail.
- Ability to deliver quality design at high volume in a tight timeframe.
- Ability to articulate ideas, and to give and receive critical feedback while working in an iterative design process.
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, remote startup environment.
- Experience working with motion/video.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and Sketch
- Must have 3+ years of professional experience and submit a portfolio of sample work demonstrating skill in graphic and visual design.
- This position is remote, and while it is not location-specific, eligible candidates must be available and fully dedicated to working at Sweeten on a full-time basis, M-F between 9:00AM-5:00PM ET. (Flexibility on certain days may be available for the right candidate.)