The Liabilities Developer within LGR IT will work as part of a team responsible for developing software to perform liabilities calculations for the business. Development is primarily in C++ but in addition to having an extensive C++ development background, the role will also work with other technologies including, QT, C#, Python, VBA and shell scripts. The role implements models for liabilities pricing and the SII model, as well a user interface, using Agile Continuous Delivery methodologies.
The Liabilities Developer will be responsible for contributing to and maintaining the liabilities library and user interfaces. This will involve design, test, and documentation.
- Work closely with the existing liabilities developers to ensure new development is compatible with existing functionality from both a design and best practice standpoint, and leave no key person risk in the team
- Work closely with the team lead, business actuaries and architects to develop a robust, production quality liabilities user interface which may form part of or lead a wider scoped user interface
- Engage in peer code reviews and work constructively in order to continually and demonstrably improve the code base. Provide continual improvement to the systems
- Provide value of the entire software development lifecycle. Analyse system operational processes to determine where software development will aid automation and reduce operational and model risk
- Deliver full unit test coverage of code, drive and own system tests where appropriate, and drive business testing. Work collaboratively with the entire product team
- To ensure approach to and work delivered supports L&G’s commitment to Treating Customers Fairly to ensure the right outcome and excellent service delivery
- Degree level or equivalent, in a technical or numerate field
- Building financial engineering systems using bespoke software solutions, with experience of validation of results, preferably in the pensions and annuity modelling area
- Provision of designs and assistance with the requirements gathering of analytics and cash flow modelling functionality
- Modern C++ software development experience and coding skills, open source libraries (C++11/14, Boost), C#, QT, VBA, Python, GUI design and/or development an advantage
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel experience with XLW or xlWings would be an advantage
- Expert knowledge of software development in analytical and model risk scenarios
- Proven ability to address and use initiative to deliver solutions to technical and business problems
- Proven experience in software or database systems development and/or support with experience of project life cycles and complex product installation, customisation and commissioning – as well as validation testing
- Capacity to estimate, manage own work and keep within plan
- Continuous Delivery toolkit; Source control, issue management software: Perforce, Subversion, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins
- Experience with Windows and Linux development environments and tooling: Visual Studio, MSVC, GCC
- Hands on use of Unix commands and file systems and scripting
Whatever your role, Legal & General rewards ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after things that matter to you.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including:
- A generous pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 25 holiday days
- Private medical insurance
- Performance related bonuses
- A variety of share schemes
- Discounts on high street and our own great products
Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.