About Prescriptive Data
Prescriptive Data is an A.I. smart buildings company. We’ve developed the world’s most advanced building operating system called Nantum OS. Nantum connects to building systems, real-time occupancy, and any IoT device, allowing our A.I. algorithms to automate building operations: reducing energy use, utility costs, and carbon emissions.
Product UI Designer - Smart Building Operating System
We are looking for a talented UI Designer to create great user experiences for web-based SaaS and mobile applications. The ideal candidate should have superior UI skills and a great, collaborative design process to be able to translate high-level requirements into users flows and mid-fidelity prototypes, and transform them into intuitive and highly functional user interfaces.
- Define and implement creative UI solutions for the product’s features and applications.
- Iteratively design and prototype UIs from concept to final hand-off to engineering and acceptance.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex functional requirements.
- Present and defend designs to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Conduct user testing of completed Nantum features and applications to assess the designs’ usability and overall user experience.
- Analyze Nantum customer usage data to improve the performance of the platform UI.
- Continued education and research into UI trends and current design strategy and technologies.
- Handle special projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Proven UI experience with a demonstrable UI design portfolio of responsive, web-based and mobile SaaS applications (iOS, Android).
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, user flows and process flows.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
- Proficiency in InVision, Figma, Adobe XD or other interactive prototyping tools.
- Strong understanding of layout, visual hierarchy, color, and other visual design principles
- Ability to present the designs to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Sharp eye when it comes to quality assurance testing UI designs.
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies, technical understanding of products, and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices. Experience working with Jira a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to consume complex information to make recommendations, priorities and trade-offs optimized to meet business demands and customer needs.
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships within the product team, engineering team, customer success team, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication, leadership and customer service skills with proven ability to inspire and lead cross-functional teams.
- A self-starting and driven individual that demonstrates strong organizational skills including, but not limited to, the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments, the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently, and the ability to manage available resources.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills including, but not limited to, listening effectively, strong note-taking, and soliciting input from others.
- Bachelor’s degree in design (e.g. interaction, user experience, graphic design, visual communication etc.), human-computer interaction (HCI), or related field from an accredited university is strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing UI design for SaaS platforms and mobile applications.
- Experience working on SaaS-based technology solutions
- Experience owning and managing multiple products or design projects simultaneously.
- Experience working in start-up environment -- you must be adept at working in a fast-paced environment and have shown yourself to be adaptive and flexible - a plus.
We take care of you!
- Great benefits, including medical and dental all starting on your first day
- 401K Plan
- A great place to work!!