Mission Control exists to gather and grow communities with digitally organized social experiences that drive connection through shared passions and playful competition. Mission Control does this through recreational esports. Following its recent Seed fundraising round, Mission Control was named by Crunchbase as a "Startup to Watch".
The Mission Control team is currently adding a Mobile Application Developer who will be integral to building a playful, intuitive experience for all players who use Mission Control's recreational esports platform. As a key player on a small team, this role will have ample opportunity for input on design and product growth, as well as career growth in line with the company and team.
Role and Responsibilities
- Write pragmatic, high-quality, testable code
- Collaborate with peers on brainstorms, technical design discussions, pair programming sessions and code reviews.
- Collaborate with a product and design teams to create solutions for MC players in connection with the admin web platform.
- Work in native mobile environments.
- Work with API's built for mobile consumption.
- Work with a modern technology stack that includes Swift and Kotlin.
- Work in a CI/CD environment.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to support mobile apps.
- Mentor other mobile developers while setting and enforcing best practices for teammates
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Related experience, education, or bootcamp in mobile development
- 3-5 years of experience with Swift (iOS Development)
- 2-3 years of experience with Kotlin (Android development)
- Experience with UX/UI and how that applies to mobile app development
- Demonstrable portfolio of released apps in the App Store or the Android market
- Capable of working in an Agile environment
- Is a driven, playful, open, curious teammate
Benefits and Other Notes
- Health Insurance is included with this position
- Company equity may be included with this position
- Paid Time Off is included with this position
- Workers are able to work from home; however, those in or around St. Louis or willing to relocate to St. Louis will be given special preference.