We are seeking an experienced product designer to help us elevate the user experience of our product offerings. As the UX Product Designer, you will be responsible for designing new features as well as improving the user experience of current features across our products on Web, iOS, and Android. As our first dedicated designer, you will also shape our internal design process and help define what User Experience Design means at PropertyRadar.
You will work with our front-end developers to execute your designs and collaborate closely with product management to prioritize and execute on our product roadmap.
At PropertyRadar, we are on a mission to empower small business growth with the untapped opportunity found in public records. Through our data-driven approach, we’ve been creating opportunities for real estate investors, Realtors, home service companies, and others on the west coast since 2007. We are a regional leader with a broad customer base, and we are now ready to expand our platform to a national scale. We believe further investment in user experience design is critical to that growth.
PropertyRadar is head-quartered in Truckee, CA (near Lake Tahoe), with growing teams in Portland, OR; San Luis Obispo, CA; Bogotá, Colombia; and working remotely (U.S. Only).
Despite being founded in 2006, PropertyRadar still runs like a startup, so you'll get experience with a little bit of everything. That said, here are some things you'll do:
- Collaborate with customers, product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements and provide creative, thoughtful solutions.
- Utilize design thinking methodologies like rapid prototyping and user interviewing to create intuitive user experiences. Conduct user testing to inform and validate design decisions and find areas for improvement.
- Deliver prototypes, mock-ups, and product specifications. Take leadership on managing the implementation of your designs with the Front-end Engineering team.
- Hit the ground running -- pick up existing priorities and inherit Sketch files and InVision prototypes that represent multiple products (web, Android native, iOS native), honoring pre-existing feature commitments and deadlines.
- Help us push beyond the functional design and usability of a feature, and reach for the outcomes that will add value for the customer when using our product. These outcomes are how we prioritize work and measure success.
- Help define Design at PropertyRadar. Work with the product team to develop standards for the design process. Build out a Design System to better standardize our design across our product platforms.
- You are passionate about human-centered design and have expertise in UI/UX principals, best practices, and tools. You take a user-centered approach when making design decisions, and you understand how to back those decisions with user research.
- You have excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to design for platforms such as desktop, web, and mobile (Android and iOS).
- You can communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and high-fidelity prototypes. Bonus: You have experience writing Product Requirement Documents to pass on to the Engineers.
- You are self-directed - able to create a plan, prioritize tasks, and execute independently and in collaboration with others.
- You have an experimental and creative mindset. You relish the opportunity to try new things.
- You have an eye for detail and consistency. Before you re-invent the wheel, you look for solutions that may already exist in the Product that can be reused or adapted for the current problem.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, or a related field (or equivalent practical experience).
- You have 3-5 years of experience working in UX design and software development, with a demonstrable impact on a product’s user experience.
The good stuff:
- Flexible and fun work environment.
- Competitive medical, dental, vision benefits.
- Paid time off.
- Outdoorsy and active team. We enjoy getting together for bike rides outside of work just as much as a happy hour.
- Join us in Tahoe? Never miss another powder day.