Join us as Manager, Design + Innovation at our office in Edgewater, NJ. Make an impact supporting world-class brands including Braun, Honeywell, PUR and Vicks. Our outstanding products elevate people’s lives everywhere, every day.
This position is temporarily eligible for Work from Home until our offices reopen in Edgewater, NJ. Once our Edgewater, NJ office reopens, this position is not eligible to be Work from Home, and you will be required to report to the office Monday-Friday.
What contribution will I make to Helen of Troy?
This is a global position supporting all regions and brands of our Health & Home organization. The Design + Innovation team plays a key role in strategic pipeline definition, consumer insight research and creative direction, management and execution of all new product launch initiatives.
A key function of this position involves partnering with brand managers and engineering program managers across the global and regional marketing organizations of the company. The cross-functional teams plan and execute programs within a multi-year product roadmap. The Design Manager serves as champion of design quality and consistency acting
as consultant to the cross -functional teams.
What you’ll be doing
• Ownership of design process
• Product design consistency with brand language
• Optimized user experience and consumer delight across physical and product-related digital user experiences (apps, etc.)
• Managing outsourced design agencies
• Participating in and translating consumer/ethnographic insights into design opportunities
• Identifying and applying meaningful innovation
• Assessing the appropriate level of design effort necessary to achieve objectives
• Generate ID briefs communicating project vision and design intent to company and agencies
• Manage project schedules and budgets
• Manage design control documentation including color/material specifications
• Performs other duties as assigned
What are the requirements for consideration?
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Industrial Design
• 6+ years of relevant experience
• Portfolio in the form of PDF or website
• Ability to align design solution with strategic business objectives
• Ability to lead initiatives, spot opportunities, and redirect where necessary
• Strong awareness of global design trends
• Strong problem-solving skills—program constraints and requirements can be complex and require innovative solutions
• Strong communication (writing, speaking and presentation skills)—ability to assertively sell ideas based on solid rationale and objectives
• Strong understanding of manufacturing, materials & processes
• Digital UX product experience (like apps) is a plus where it relates to physical products
• Ability to champion, educate and consult regarding benefits of design
• Strong visualization and sketching skills: “Da’Vinci sketches” not required but a plus
• Organizational skills: able to set a plan to reach final deliverables
• Presentation skills: knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint
• 2D CAD skills: Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• 3D CAD skills: Alias, Solidworks, ProEngineer are a plus
• GUI and Adobe XD preferred
• Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
For more information about Helen of Troy, visit www.helenoftroy.com. You can also find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you, as one of our employees or as an applicant for employment, have any questions about our Affirmative Action Plan, please contact Human Resources during regular business hours.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.