It’s pronounced BAN-DOO-HO.
Now that’s out of the way, here’s a little bit about us. Officially, we’re a full-service advertising and digital agency in NYC. Unofficially, we’re a collection of passionate creators and thinkers who love to geek out over business-smart strategies and creative ideas. Every morning we check our egos at the door and work together to deliver solutions that get us—and most importantly our clients—excited. We work smart. We hustle hard. We never settle. All while keeping a work-life balance that most agencies would envy.
Here’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a Designer with more than five years of agency experience. Sound like you? Great! You have a shot at designing end-to-end campaigns, plus other traditional and digital tactics for our awesome clients. As one of our go-to creatives, you’ll work directly with creative directors, copywriters, and account managers to bring briefs to life. You’ll turn blank artboards into marketing masterpieces, and you’ll do it without breaking a goddamn sweat.
We encourage you to apply if any of this describes you:
• You ? your portfolio. Want to impress us? Let your work do the talking. Show us examples of ad campaigns, paid social ads, landing pages, emails, or other marketing that show your best creative thinking.
• You are the da Vinci of design. As in, you kind of do it all. We’re not looking for just a brand designer, just an interactive designer, or just an illustrator. We’re looking for a range. If you feel you can tackle any brief using digital design skills and whatever other tools you have up your sleeve, let’s talk.
• You also think digital. If converting is the name of the game, you are the reigning champ. You know digital advertising comes with a different set of everchanging rules, and you’re always on top of best practices.
• You have a sense of humor. And you’re not afraid to use it. You know a little bit of quirk can go a long way, both in your designs and in the collaboration process.
• You’re not scared of style guides. In fact, you’re pretty damn good at following them. But you also know how to keep your work fresh, pushing boundaries and trying new things without sending clients into an existential spiral.
• You know your hotkeys. You + Adobe = BFFs. You and Sketch—also pretty close. When other designers ask, “How do you do X, Y, or Z?” you have an answer. Or at least a great tutorial to send them.
• You design with intent. No chasing trends here. Your work simultaneously looks cool and solves problems. Every typeface, design element, and illustration—down to the hamburger nav—can be explained and defended. No pressure.
• You’re an expert adapter. Briefs change and goalposts move, but you have no trouble rolling with the punches in our fast-paced, iterative process.
• You get shit done. One designer. Multiple deadlines. Who will win? Spoiler alert: you.
• Experience in Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects a plus
• Working knowledge of video and broadcast production a plus.
• Photo and video shoot experience a plus.
• Working knowledge of HTML and CSS is a plus.
Please have a portfolio that demonstrates:
• Advertising Campaign Development
• Email Marketing
• Paid Social Ads
• Landing Pages
What You Can Expect in the First Six Months:
By the End of Month One
• Review and familiarize yourself with all our clients.
• Familiarize yourself with the general work style at BANDUJO.
• Understand our workflow and production processes.
• Begin to take on day-to-day design tasks.
• Work closely with the account directors and the writers under the close guidance on the senior • designers and the creative directors.
By the End of Month Three
• Become one of the go-to designers for all our clients.
• Possess a deep understanding of the four criteria for a successful creative at Bandujo
• Start to take ownership of clients and become a thought-leader in their creative and design challenges.
• Develop creative based on new creative briefs that come through the agency.
• Ability to present and defend your work.
By the End of Month Six
• Operate as a vital part of the design team.
• Work with the team to push Bandujo's design capabilities to create better communication pieces.
• Offer constructive feedback to peers, helping them to grow and develop alongside you.
Dope. But a word of advice: don’t just forward us your resume. We’re visual people here, so your application must include a link to your portfolio. While you’re at it, feel free to include a cover letter, any references, or anything else that will show us that you’re the right person for the job.