At Ambra Health we help the health care system solve complex problems with storing and sharing medical imaging data (X-rays, CT's, MRI's etc), at locations around the world - including many renowned health centers. This involves processing, transcoding, optimizing a lot of medical images, for the Internet and other formats - some very challenging and interesting engineering problems.
We are looking for an imaging bit-wrangler with a mix of C++, Java and Linux experience to join our remote-only image processing team. This team works on the image-transforming services of our platform, which handle 8 billion (4PB) medical images in data centers and cloud environments around the world. The ideal candidate would be able to work independently with minimal supervision, seasoned to make good productivity/coding/architecture decisions.
- Experience generating, debugging or hacking image formats (such as PNG, JPEG, TIFF)
- Java and/or C++
- Basic Linux system administration skills
- Must live in USA
Big plus if you've got any of these skills:
- Building server software with multi-threading and concurrency, in a distributed network environment
- Experience with DICOM medical file format
- Diagnosing application problems in a Linux environment
- Experience with other systems or JVM languages (C, Go, C#, Scala, etc)
Our hiring process is pretty painless - short introduction call, 1-hour phone call with the team to get to know each other, then (if it works for you) a paid part-time trial period to see if we like working together.