Background & Context
The Licentia Group consists of two trading entities – MYPINPAD and MYHSM.
MYPINPAD delivers a certified ‘bank grade’ authentication platform delivered on off the shelf consumer devices. Our proprietary and patented technology secures and protects the input of sensitive information on touchscreens creating a trusted environment.
Applications of this technology are far reaching and include the replacement of traditional card payment machines found in high-street retailers with everyday inexpensive tablets and smart phones. The entry of card PIN and data is fully secure and protected by MYPINPAD’s patented software platform which promises to reduce cost and complexity for payment acceptance while promoting rapid global adoption.
Further applications for the technology include online shopping, automotive, medical and any environment where secure personal authentication is essential.
MYPINPAD is the first company in the world to have achieved PCI certification for software only SPoC on Android and iOS and are poised to be the first in the world for CPoC.
MYHSM is a Global provider of Payment Hardware Security Modules (HSM) as a Service. Traditionally, banks and Payment Service Providers have their own infrastructure for HSMs and manage the compliance and physical datacentres themselves. MYHSM offers Payment HSMs on the cloud, reducing CAPEX expenditure as well as some of the complexities of compliance and regulation.
MYHSM is a growing business and is using partner networks to rapidly expand.
It is an exciting time for the Licentia Group as we have a pipeline of opportunities to exploit and are focussed on translating customer engagement into revenue.
* SPoC: Software-based PIN Entry on COTS
**PCI: Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard
***CPoC: Contactless Payments on COTS
COTS: Commercial off-the-shelf Device
The primary purpose and scope of the Android Developer is to help develop and support existing MYPINPAD products. Working with the Android Development Team, Services Development Team and UX Team, the Android Developer will be a passionate app developer who enjoys a technical challenge.
Key Responsibilities and expectations
- Help maintain existing MYPINPAD packages, and design and develop new ones
- Help maintain and support existing MYPINPAD apps
- Develop unit, integration, and interface tests
- Participate in reviews of new and modified code
- Help identify and document issues, and troubleshoot and fix those reported by others
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Experience with designing and writing unit tests, using version control systems and using continuous integration solutions
- Experience developing Android apps using Kotlin & Java
- A solid understanding of key Android APIs and components, including those relating to user-interfaces, network communications, inter-app communication, permissions, and security
- Be inquisitive and enjoy investigating how things work, and why
- Enjoy communicating ideas and insights; this will manifest itself in personal communication and in the code and documentation you create
- Have an interest in scaling CI/CD and improving Ops flow
- Enjoying creating a polished UI matching exacting specifications
- Be familiar with, or have some experience with: The C language, NDK, cryptography