Shogun, and we're on a mission to help people create the best eCommerce experiences in the world.
We were in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we just raised a Series A investment, we have over 10,000 active paying clients, and we're preparing to launch a new product in 2020 (you can read more in Tech Crunch
Our teams are fully distributed and global (check out our team page
)! We have no office, so we are looking for team members that are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
In this Short-Term Contract Role You Will
- In a nutshell, convert Shopify stores into React.
- Create React components and connect them with our CMS layer.
- Help external teams with their implementations.
- Research how external libraries would play with a PWA implementation.
- Create documentation and examples on how to implement features.
- Working experience with latest react features, including Hooks and Context.
- Proven pixel-perfect CSS skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of semantic html and a11y (you use html elements that are not only <div> and <p>).
- Real-world code we can review (demonstrating high standard of quality).
- A contributions chart on GitHub that is green as this, this, this or this (remember to publicize your private contributions)
- Experience with PWAs, Liquid, and CMSs.
- Experience working on UI component libraries.
- Experience with Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento or Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
- Some SEO knowledge.
- Clear and precise written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Competitive wages
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a fully distributed team that works from anywhere with good internet (+13 countries just on the engineering team!)
- Occasionally, we hire on a full time contractor basis to begin with. Team members enjoy the same opportunities for great compensation, full time positions, equity, and consideration, regardless of location
Try Out Shogun
As part of the interview process please try and use Shogun to get a feel for the product. We'd love to hear what you think. Here is how:
- Create a Shopify Developer Account: https://developers.shopify.com
- Create a development store: https://help.shopify.com/en/partners/dashboard/development-stores
- Install Shogun on your development store: https://apps.shopify.com/shogun
- Create a couple of pages. We will take a look.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class