Who are we?
iMusician was founded with a rebellious spirit and a lofty goal: Tear down the walls erected by the music industry that keep independent artists and labels locked out.
We believe that music shouldn’t just be a hobby; musicians deserve to be paid. We truly believe that everyone should have equal access to the marketplace -- and we’ve already fought for this to happen. That’s why we strive to make it easy for you to sell, manage, protect, and monetize your music. When you become more financially sustainable, you make more music. It’s as simple as that.
What do we do?
We distribute music from independent artists and labels to hundreds of music platforms like iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, Deezer or Beatport, we then collect royalties and neighboring rights from collecting societies.
Our Berlin office is the hub for our Global Marketing and Customer Support teams, working with our international team in Zurich, we are growing rapidly.
What are we looking for?
Based in our Berlin office, we are looking for a Quality Assurance Agent, YouTube Specialization (80% - 100%, Monday - Friday). The position includes, amongst other things:
- Resolve YouTube Copyright Claim Disputes
- Manage Asset Ownership Conflicts on YouTube
- Check and monitor our assets on YouTube for Content ID eligibility
- Ensure sufficient quality of content that is delivered to YouTube Content ID and other music platforms, including checking metadata and audio quality
- Monitor and improve existing processes and workflows
- Check metadata, audio quality, and artwork quality of music releases (or similar releases like audiobooks) on the iMusician Admin platform
- Correct metadata in accordance with shop guidelines
- Work with the Delivery team to ensure music releases on schedule, and to exchange knowledge about guideline changes
- Follow daily goals set by Head of Delivery or Team Leads, and monitor workload to avoid delayed releases
- Report problematic cases or technical issues to Team Leads and Head of Delivery to have them resolved
- Work with Artist and Label Relations Department to improve communication with customers
Why work for us?
- You have hands-on experience working with YouTube’s CMS, especially with Content ID for Sound Recordings
- You have a technical mind and your approach to work is structured, detail-oriented and pragmatic
- You speak English fluently; additional proficient language skills are a plus (especially in French, Italian, German, Spanish, or Portuguese)
- A YouTube certification no older than 6 months is a strong plus
- Music industry experience is a plus
- Highly motivated, international team of music lovers and marketing professionals.
- High degree of autonomy, with a coaching approach from management.
- Regular, scheduled feedback.
- Flexible working times and the option to take unpaid leave on top of your regular holidays
- Centrally located, modern office in the beautiful “Bergmannkiez” (Kreuzberg)
- Regular Team Events and lunches, as well as Friday Beers (and the occasional Caipi)
- Monthly pay bonus for achieving company revenue targets.
As the company is growing quickly, there will be opportunities to evolve with and within the company so if you are smart, have got a strong acumen for customer support and are looking to build your career in an exciting music and technology company, we’d love to talk to you!