UBIO has built the Automation Cloud, a platform which can robotically perform any online task such as reserving a hotel for your trip to New York, booking a flight to get there and applying for a credit card to pay for it all. We are working towards a SaaS based solution for engineers to automate website actions and we need your help!
You have considerable technical experience in:
- One or more programming languages (5 years is about right)
- Developing applications for the cloud (Google Cloud in our case)
- Storage: Redis, SQL, MongoDB
And it would be great if you also have:
- Experience with Prometheus and Grafana or other monitoring systems
- Interest in Serverless functions (Google Cloud Functions) and containers (Google Cloud Run)
- Exposure to Dependency Injection
- Experience with micro-services and Message Bus architectures
- Appetite for Golang
- Exposure to PCI-DSS compliance
This is what you'll be doing:
Drafting and developing prototypes
- If significant unknowns exist or risks need to be reduced, you’ll frame your thoughts into a prototype doc and develop a prototype in code or research to resolve those. You may need to develop a few prototypes before we can move on to implementation.
Getting features production ready
- Once prototypes are out of the way, you’ll write tests, refactor and expand on your initial prototypes to get your code ready for deployment.
Rub virtual shoulders with Product
- Engineering works very close to our Product function. You will frequently liaise with a product manager to ensure business requirements are current and to realign on delivery expectations.
Leveraging and evolving our standards
- We have defined a handful of standards, including a framework for developing micro-services. - We have also defined architecture guidelines to more clearly inform our future. We will count on you to advance those by adhering to them and providing feedback for improvements.
Avoiding pitfalls and learning from failures
- You will bring experience to the team and will help us avoid difficult paths, but you understand that experiencing failures is a building block for success. Your resilience will be key to navigate these situations.
Communicating your needs clearly and responsibly
- With the support of your Lead Engineer, you will be able to state clearly what is needed to deliver features in a timely fashion. You will do that with a good level of written and spoken English.
Owning Service Lifecycle
- Be able to debug and provide support for services you ship in all environments.
- Be able to communicate effective metrics for the code you write, be aware of its performance and how we can observe them inline with SLOs.
Positively adding to our culture
- You have a positive outlook in life and you can also have fun away from technology.
- You are able to focus on how to overcome obstacles, rather than being overly impeded by limitations and dependencies.yagJzhkdapAsCMnUw7CpJAMi