US Wealth Management (USWM) provides investment solutions to Chase customers. Solutions include self-directed investing through our You Invest product, advisory services ( investment strategies, portfolio management ), financial planning ( education funds, systematic investment plans, mutual funds ) and retirement planning ( annuities, traditional and Roth IRAs ).
USWM is committed to becoming the most recommended financial partner to help clients build their wealth and reach their life goals. This requires providing our customers and advisors with innovative digital capabilities for virtual interaction and collaboration. In the role of Software Engineer you will be part of a feature scrum team responsible for delivering next-generation client and advisor collaboration and communications tools. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development and testing will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages such as Java
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
* Ability to leverage Agile practices to become a valued member of the Agile team, work closely with the Scrum Master and Application Development Lead to ensure team and organization standards are followed and the that team is consistently focused on continuous improvements and sustained delivery
* Ability to participate in Release and Iteration Planning meetings with the team and other key stakeholders, employ simple design and pragmatic implementation techniques to drive business value and adopt a quality first mindset with a high emphasis placed on unit testing and BDD/TDD
* Experience with system, application, and process documentation including tools such as MS-Visio, etc.
* Demonstrated experience with Java - Advanced-level implementation skills with Java and JEE; Services - Strong implementation skills in consuming and building highly scalable services using SOAP and REST; experience developing Microservices in a cloud native environment preferred
* Demonstrated experience with WSDL, XSD, WS-*, XSLT, Security
* SCM - Strong experience working with an SCM tool like GIT
* Spring - Strong implementation skills with core Spring Framework and including other sub-projects like Spring JMS, Spring Security and Spring Data, as well as demonstrated experience with Springboot
* Messaging - Strong integration skills with messaging platforms like MQ using JMS
* Database - Strong implementation skills with ORM frameworks like Hibernate/JPA
* Maven - Strong experience working with Maven as a build tool including a firm understanding of Maven standards and common practices
* Application Servers - Broad and deep understanding of multiple application server platforms like Apache Tomcat and Oracle Weblogic
* Experience with continuous delivery or continuous deployment
* BDD/TDD - Must have practical experience with unit testing with preference given to those with an understanding of Mock Testing Frameworks like EasyMock or Mockito
* Refactoring - Strong understanding of refactoring and how to apply these techniques to build and maintain high-quality solutions
* Pair Programming - Comfortable pairing with others on both simple and complex problem
* Experience with CI (using tools like Jenkins) and automated deployment
Our US Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 7 cities, our team of 360 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values developing innovative technology solutions and continuous learning.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Associate - Software Engineer (210004445) - Digital Engagement - US Wealth Management, JPMorgan Chase & Co.Jersey City Full Time Employment
Associate - Software Engineer (210004440) - Digital Engagement - US Wealth Management, JPMorgan Chase & Co.Jersey City Full Time Employment
Associate - Software Engineer (210004450) - Digital Engagement - US Wealth Management, JPMorgan Chase & Co.Jersey City Full Time Employment
Vice President - Software Engineer - Java / Cloud / Microservices, JPMorgan Chase & Co.Jersey City Full Time Employment
Vice President - Java / Cloud / Microservices Software Engineer, JPMorgan Chase & Co.Jersey City Full Time Employment