Would you like to build the ‘next big thing’ in healthcare from wherever you live? Does owning your code through the entire lifecycle, from development to operation, excite you? At WellSky, you will team up with the brightest people on projects that matter, you will engage with all stages of the solution stack, and you will collaborate in a distinctly remote-first environment.
About the WellSky Analytics Team
Our Strategy: Build valuable analytics solutions for our current markets and customers and use our unique assets to create innovative products and insights for new markets.
Our Tactics: Move fast, be humble and hungry in understanding and solving problems. Practice agile, customer-led collaborative learning and development. Utilize our unique data and machine learning technologies to build valuable IP. Build beautiful and intuitive solutions that people love to use. Measure everything and make better decisions iteratively with data.
Who is WellSky?
WellSky is a technology company advancing human wellness worldwide. Our software and professional services address the continuum of health and social care — helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care’s potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world.
- Conducts system analysis and proof of concepts design.
- Researches and recommends software tools/frameworks/products and/or emerging technologies as needed for a solution.
- Leads and/or creates architecture and/or design as needed to meet the requirements, integrate disparate systems, or manage changing technologies.
- Analyzes system requirements or specifications, translates them into actionable work units for the team to conceptualize, and develops high-quality software using established coding standards and development best practices
- Analyzes, designs, coordinates and supervises the development of software. Responsible for proofing software to ensure quality and alignment to standards and best practices
- Enforces the development of unit tests, automated tests, and performance tests as needed to ensure quality, supporting general debugging and isolating areas for improvement. Captures and analyzes performance test metrics, and provides operational documentation
- Reviews appropriate documentation such as implementation manuals, support manuals/playbooks, performance testing guidelines, etc. as needed to run/support the software.
- Analyzes, troubleshoots, diagnoses, and/or provides guidance or expertise in resolution of defects or bugs in the software. Known as an expert in defect resolution in area of expertise.
- Is proficient in planning and performing all development job functions in an efficient manner, with little leadership involvement
- Bachelor's degree or appropriate experience preferred
- Ideal majors are Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems/Decision Sciences, Mathematics, Sciences, or other STEM related majors.
Professional Skill Requirements and Experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in software design and development and/or demonstration of equivalent experience preferred
- An interest in and an aptitude for learning emerging technologies, new architectures, and design patterns.
- Low level knowledge and experience in the principles, theories, techniques, and methodologies of systems analysis.
- Low level knowledge and experience of computer programming, data modeling, and object-oriented analysis/design/programming procedures and techniques.
- Ability to learn new programming languages quickly and proven ability to learn and adapt to new technologies, methodologies, and processes.
- Ability to troubleshoot root cause of an issue (hardware, operating systems software, application programs, network failures, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of security and encryption.
- Proven ability to identify areas for automation and implement automation where needed.
- Proven experience and proficiency in identifying performance bottlenecks and updating or modifying design and/or code to improve operational efficiency.