Geomagical Labs is a visual AI division of IKEA. We are crafting advanced computer vision AI algorithms into exciting and novel consumer AR/VR experiences for hundreds of millions of users.
We have an opening for a high-impact Python backend engineer who is excited to architect and build cloud applications and data platforms for mass-scale consumer AI & commerce applications.
- Create cloud services, features, and APIs for hundreds of millions of users.
- Design and develop backend systems and infrastructure to handle massive scale.
- Develop highly automated CICD frameworks to deploy high-quality code without friction.
- Build real-time analytics systems to monitor system performance and quickly detect anomalies.
- Build data infrastructure to feed & optimize AI machine learning pipelines.
- Strong expertise in Python in Linux environments (Python super hackers desired).
- Strong experience with Docker & Kubernetes.
- Experience with the Google Cloud Platform and its core services.
- Experience with SQL databases and key-value stores.
- Experience developing log-based, ELK stack analytics systems desired.
- Experience with task & message queues (e.g. Celery, RabbitMQ, Airflow, etc.) desired.
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and ambitious R&D team of successful serial entrepreneurs, scientists, AR & graphics engineers, and product design professionals.
- Excellent health & retirement benefits.
- Located in downtown Mountain View, California --- an easy walk from restaurants, coffee shops, the Stevens Creek Trail, and Caltrain commuter rail.