- Product and category research, which may include in-home visits, interviews, and focus groups to help uncover unmet needs.
- Sketching and collaborating with the team to create solutions for a variety of simple to complex problems.
- Reviewing design directions with management creating presentations for internal and sales presentations.
- Designing new products and creating manufacture-ready 3D CAD files.
- Working with overseas office and factories to optimize tooling and identify key cost savings.
SUPERVISORY / BUDGETARY / EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION RESPONSIBILITY
- Managing the design of major projects, supervising junior designers and freelancers as needed.
- Communicating with factories and/or model-makers to develop innovative products
- 4-year degree in industrial design required.
- 5+ years design experience (toy and children’s product background preferred).
- Experience designing for injection-molding and general DFM.
- Experience working with overseas factories is preferred. Advanced SolidWorks skills required (proficiency in Fusion 360 is plus).
- Proficiency in Adobe CS and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate ideas through sketching.
- Clean, modern aesthetic and a love of function.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Must be available for international travel 2-3 times per year.