Quanta Magazine seeks a talented multimedia/web editor with a strong visual journalism background and a passion for science storytelling to develop and lead the magazine's growing video and interactive aspirations. The perfect candidate will be a technologically savvy creative thinker and visualizer who is enthusiastic about science and also an experienced journalist and editor. Candidates should have impeccable editorial judgment, ideally honed by solid newsroom experience. Devotion to the highest standards in journalistic ethics and scientific accuracy are a must.
In addition to working with Quanta's editorial staff to dream up high-impact multimedia features and assigning, developing and managing those projects, this editor will collaborate with the art director and production staff on the publication and presentation of all web content on all platforms. This editor will also coordinate the development of new and improved website features with our in-house developers.
This full-time position will report either to the editor in chief or to the art director is based at the Simons Foundation offices in New York City.
Experience and Skills:
• At least 3 years of video, photo, multimedia or web producing or editing experience for an established newspaper, magazine or news website, with a proven track record of conceiving and creating impactful multimedia features.
• Experience and proficiency with video and visual asset direction, production and editing.
• A background in journalism is required. A background in science journalism is a plus.
• Must be comfortable producing high-end journalistic presentations in a content-management system like WordPress under tight deadlines and be up-to-date on the latest publishing, SEO and internet conventions.
• Must be detail-oriented and highly organized, with strong project management skills, and demonstrate the highest standards of written English and visual communication.
• Must be an excellent communicator and team player and have the ability to coordinate multimedia production with editors, reporters and the art staff.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
• Rsum and cover letter
• Three references
• 10 multimedia work samples (with metrics or other supporting data when available)
Quanta Magazine is an award-winning, editorially independent online publication launched by theSimons Foundationto enhance public understanding of science. Our reporters and editors focus on developments in mathematics, theoretical physics, theoretical computer science and the basic life sciences, with an emphasis on delivering timely, accurate, in-depth and well-crafted articles for our broad, discerning audience. In addition to winning awards and accolades for its science writing, Quanta is a 2020 finalist for a National Magazine Award for general excellence. Quanta has syndication partnerships with Wired, The Atlantic, Scientific American, The Washington Postand other publications, has published two books (Alice and Bob Meet the Wall of Fire and The Prime Number Conspiracy) and our articles have been translated into several languages.
The Simons Foundation's Diversity Commitment
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment.The Simons Foundation provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employmentwithout regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability,veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/r7r2v275pv7fbjww