Take the lead of the streaming team
You will make sure that our users can access high-bandwidth video and audio streams worldwide. Your team will composed of a range of roles such that we can deliver business results with minimal dependencies on other teams. They are responsible end-to-end for product planning and product management, technical design, testing and implementation, monitoring/alerting and incident resolution, procuring and provisioning infrastructure, financial budgeting, defining and tracking SLAs, and internal communications, almost like a business unit. The team operates hundreds of bare metal servers passing 100s of Gigabits of traffic. Your future team members are based in several locations world-wide.
The success is measured by:
- Various metrics of customer satisfaction
- Various measures of uptime
- Incident volumes and resolution times
- Financial costs in networking and compute resources
- Various measures of risk, especially related to security and privacy
Like all technical teams here, the key principles are:
- High levels of automation at all levels: avoid humans needing to repeat themselves or give them opportunities to make costly mistakes.
- Innovating in technology and process: speed this up by hiring people who are extremely curious and can communicate clearly, then give them the support they need to constantly learn and improve their skills.
- Driving for results. Define success quantitatively, track it, and take pride in results over activity.
- Rare challenges and opportunities from our large global customer base.
- Successful global business, leader in a fast-growing industry.
- Highly skilled team using efficient engineering processes.
- Meritocratic culture with fast decision-making.
- Your work has an immediate and direct impact on our customer base globally.
You will lead the team. This is a new position. Currently the team members report into other leads, but we’d like to make it a stand-alone team as described above.
As manager of this team, you’ll be responsible for:
- Creating the hiring plan for your team world-wide, designing test plans, working with our recruiting-team to source and test candidates, hiring and onboarding new staff. We’re currently very much under-staffed. You need to grow the team significantly.
- Being the people leader for all members of the team. You hire, train, motivate, assign responsibilities, and hold people accountable. You will compare actual versus expected deliverables at high frequencies, and exchange actionable feedback.
- Articulate a strategic vision for your team covering the business plan, technology, and operations.
- Design processes, document them very clearly, measuring their metrics, and improving them. Given the very operational nature of this team, an important part of this is defining and tracking your SLAs.
- Be able to perform many of the duties of your team members. Be able to lead by example and be a credible advisor for all roles on your team.
To be successful you will need to:
- Enjoy managing people and be very good at it. That means
- you’ve had several direct reports for at least two years.
- you’ve demonstrated the ability to develop a team including hiring, coaching and mentoring of team members
- Be an experienced Systems or Network engineer. “Experienced” means you have
- A good understanding of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, TLS, IPv6, OSPF, BGP, AnyCast and distributed networks
- Experience configuring and debugging networking issues on Linux, iptables/nftables, system hardening and network performance tuning.
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development and a programming language such as Python.
- Experience in using configuration management tools such as Ansible and Terraform.
- Be an experienced project manager.
- Have strong English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as Networking or Computer Science
- Experience with software defined networks
- Experience with TDD, unit testing or Test Automation in general.
- Experience in negotiating deals with vendors
- Experience with product development
- You love watching online streaming services!
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment, 40 hours per week with flexible working hours
- Given the nature of this position, it might require some work on evenings or weekends to resolve high-priority outages. We expect this to be at most two per month and time spent is eligible for generous overtime compensation.
- Fully stocked pantry with breakfast foods, fresh fruit and snacks
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please do not include any salary or compensation information on your resume