zyBooks (John Wiley and Sons, Inc) | Lead Software Engineer | Full-Time | ONSITE (Los Gatos, CA)
zyBooks provides online, interactive textbooks for Computer Science and other STEM majors. Our platform serves hundreds of thousands of university students per year with original content: programming in Python/R/C/C++/Java/MATLAB/ASM/HDL, mathematics like Calculus and Algebra, Material Science, Statistics, Circuits, and more.
We're a company that cares deeply about our mission to help teach programming (and other STEM topics) more effectively. We also like to practice what we teach and build on a modern stack that includes K8s, Python, Redis, MySQL, EmberJS, and other cloud managed services. We're looking for a lead software engineer to help plan, architect, and design zyBooks platform feature development. The ideal candidate is an experienced full stack engineer practical experience working and/or designing systems involving Python, Docker, MySQL/NoSQL datastores, RESTful APIs, and AWS cloud services.
- Experience developing REST APIs and developing single page applications.
- Experience with service deployments on Kubernetes, K8s configuration, and basic networking concepts (DNS, TCP/IP stack, etc).
- Experience maintaining production infrastructure.
- Strong DevOps acumen.
- Ability to participate in on-call rotation for a few weeks out of the year.
* U.S. Residents Only please!
Interested? Please send a resume over to [email protected] !