Fungi Perfecti is built on the power and potential of mushrooms, especially mushroom mycelium, the root-like structures found growing below ground. Just as mycelium helps to support our immune systems, it also supports the health and immunity of the natural habitats where it grows.
Paul Stamets, a leading speaker, author, researcher, and passionate innovator founded the company 40 years ago. In addition to creating dietary mushroom supplements under the Host Defense Mushrooms brand, we are invested in peer-reviewed research as well as mycological education efforts. And when it comes to sustainability, we’re committed to offsetting our carbon footprint and using recycled packaging.
Our work is to build a healthier world powered by mushroom mycelium.
As we expand our digital marketing efforts, we are looking for a Web Designer to develop, improve, and maintain website UX for the Fungi Perfecti and Host Defense brands. We want someone who builds websites that are fun to use and that advance e-commerce objectives. The successful person will jump in and make an immediate impact while working closely with both the Marketing and IT teams here in Olympia, Washington. The work includes graphic design, wireframes and mock-ups, and SEO implementation.
• Improve website look and feel, as well as navigation
• Redesign existing webpages; manipulate photos and graphics; create vector images
• Coordinate extensively with IT to test website functionality and ensure smooth e-commerce flow from beginning to end of the customer purchase experience—both on mobile and desktop
• Further establish design guidelines, standards, and best practices
• Implement frequent front-end changes such as retail promotions and new content
• Support ongoing content campaigns for both B2B and B2C channels in keeping with company brand
• Work with existing content management systems and recommend additional tools as necessary
• Communicate design ideas with user flows, site maps and wireframes
• Design page mock-ups based on brand guidelines and input from team members
• Produces assets quickly, efficiently and accurately, keeping quality top of mind
• Coordinate with the Customer Service team about customer feedback regarding UX
• Evaluates content to determine compliance with established standards
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant web design field, or in lieu of a degree, five (5)+ years of web design experience
• Three (3)+ years experience in digital design in an e-commerce environment
• Two (2)+ years Shopify Plus experience required
• Advanced knowledge of web design principles and best practices and technologies
• Proven experience working in HTML, CSS, and PHP for UX-focused implementation
• Expert graphic design capabilities and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite programs
• Strong understanding of SEO principles/web analytics and their implementation
• Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) at advanced level
• Ability to quickly implement changes based on team needs
• Highly creative and inspired by innovative approaches to web design
• Highly collaborative and able to work successfully with both marketing and IT teams
• Must be able to create a website, webpage, or graphic from design brief
• Knowledge of and ability to inform front-end style guides
• Ability to travel to different work locations as needed; infrequent travel outside of Olympia, WA may be required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.