Data technology in gaming is at the forefront of innovation - we handle billions of data events per month - and you’re here to keep us at that level. By bringing your expertise to the table, you will help us identify software, infrastructure, and architecture to ensure that our Data Platform is always on the bleeding edge.
You will work directly with the Data Platform Team and Embedded Data Users to ensure that our data is always available, trustworthy, and useful. You will evangelize performance, efficiency, and reliability- ensuring that data driven decisions contribute significantly towards making Kolibri Games the most player centric game studio in the world.
- Architect and design data pipelines which can handle billions of data events per month
- Work on automated testing and improving data quality to make sure stakeholders can work reliable with data
- Implement different streaming and batch use cases and find ways to efficiently deploy machine learning models
- Come up with ideas to optimize our technology stack to stay cutting-edge
- Work on the scalability of our internal data platform to ensure handling greater workloads efficiently
- Knowledge of big data processing (batch and streaming) and proficiency with at least one commonly used computation technology like Spark / Databricks
- Comfortability or direct experience with various big data storage technologies like Snowflake, Azure Data Lake, Amazon S3
- Experience working with cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Knowledge of how to apply and orchestrate ETL processes with orchestration tools like Airflow
- Experience with working and deploying Machine Learning pipelines (ideally worked with Databricks and MLFlow before)
- Knowledge about BI Tools like Looker and how they work
- Previous experience working with data warehouse workflow tools like dbt
Your Benefits – We’re game to support you
- Competitive Salary - We believe that top performers should receive top payment
- Training Budget - We believe in learning. A generous personal learning budget to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops and attending conferences. We also offer in-house training such as coding and German classes
- Flexible working hours and Home office – We believe in a good work-life balance
- Equipment - State-of-the-art technical equipment, including laptops and phones, which may also be used in your free time
- Health and Fitness - We pay €50 towards a monthly gym membership or a fitness activity
- Relocation - Relocation support to help you move to Berlin
- Pension - Opportunity to save for your pension tax-free
Bonus Level – We love to have a good time, too
- Food and Drinks - Fresh fruits to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert. We also have a fully stocked fridge with Smoothies, Coke, Club Mate, beer etc
- Parties and Team Events - Apart from our regular parties, BBQ’s and movie nights we also have a team event budget you can use to buy games or sports equipment to make working here even more fun
- Company Holidays - Every year we go on an amazing company holiday to relax and bond as a team. Last summer we went to Greece!
- Friday Celebrations - Company-provided dinner and drinks on Friday afternoons
Kolibri Games is an equal opportunity employer. We come from 25 different countries and many different backgrounds. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of their age, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, physical appearance or disability.
We are an international studio, so don’t forget to send in your application in English. Although it is not mandatory, we always appreciate a cover letter stating your motivation to join us.
We look forward to hearing from you!