You will be part of a team that builds the Kong for Kubernetes.
You will be part of a team that is responsible for managing and making Kong cloud-native. This team is responsible for making and pushing kong to the bleeding edge of cloud-native and the CNCF stack.
What you'll be doing:
- Work on Kong for Kubernetes, Ingress controller, and helm charts
- Add features and maintain Kong’s integrations with Prometheus, Grafana, Helm, and other products in the CNCF space.
- Design and build extend Kong for Cloud-Native Stack
- Leverage your deep experience working on large scale cloud-native infrastructure
What you'll bring:
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Interest or experience in Kubernetes, service mesh, L3/4/7 Proxy, API services, container technologies, and the Cloud Native Stack.
- Experience in running Kubernetes or having a thorough understanding of Kubernetes architecture
- Solid hands-on low level technical expertise, understanding distributed systems, networking and computer systems programming
- Strong sense of ownership and good communication skills
- A demonstrable track record of large scale C/C++/Go projects, familiar with gRPC, Containerization and Microservices
- Hands on experience of building and maintain Kubernetes controllers or operators
- Experience in building and fostering an Open-Source community
- Hands-on technical leadership experience
- Experience scoping, resourcing, managing and overcoming obstacles in software development projects