The Creative Director is a cross-functional creative leader who ensures Engenious designed systems have excellent aesthetics and great user experiences with primary focus on Industrial Design and secondary focus on Interaction and Graphic Design. Industrial Design experience is required!
The Engenious Design Creative Director is an accomplished design leader who collaborates with clients and the Engenious Design team to create medical devices and advanced technology systems. The Creative Director is also a force for effective marketing and business development for Engenious Design. The Creative Director oversees aesthetic and usability design across multiple projects while also contributing as a mentor and designer.
- Mange the creative process from concept to completion, directing creative strategy and ensuring top quality outputs.
- Manage, lead and mentor Industrial Designers, Interaction Designers, Graphic Designers, Human Factors Professionals, Copywriters and Digital Marketing functions (including employee team, contractors and partners).
- Cultivate a viable contractor pool to accommodate periodic needs.
- Collaboratively lead the execution of strategy for ID/UX/Model Shop business development
- Achieve client’s product goals and ensure a great client experience.
- Interact with clients as the key creative contact, in collaboration with the team.
- Create systems that are safe and effective with excellent end-user experiences.
- Become conversant and able to train others in human factors and usability engineering as they relate to medical devices.
- Lead field research work in clinical environments to conduct workflow analysis.
- Curate the Engenious Design brand identity and visual language across all forms of media, including online, digital and work environment in collaboration with co-founders.
- Become conversant in product-specific technical standards relevant to each product.
- Cultivate a sense of urgency, importance, and attention to detail across all aspects of our work
- Foster a collaborative, team problem-solving culture and lead solving complex technical issues.
- Demonstrate self-control, tact and maturity when dealing with a wide variety of people and situations; navigating conflict, ambiguity, change, and facilitating positive resolution.
- Exhibit excellent communication skills (across all modes of communication, internally and externally).
- Mentor designers and creative professionals.
- Maintain healthy work/life balance.
- Work collaboratively with a sense of urgency, ownership and attention to detail.
- Maintain professional relationships, communication, demeanor, appearance and work environment.
- Be conversant about the medical device industry, advanced technology product development processes, and medical concepts including anatomy, physiology, and disease processes relevant to medical device work.
- Makes it happen, not just there when it happens.
- Able to think on her/his feet.
- Self-aware, others-aware, situationally aware.
- Humble, but self-confident.
- Internally driven for productivity.
- Adjust focus on detail or broader view to suit situation.
- Work within schedule and budget constraints making appropriate trade-off decisions.
Everyone matters at Engenious and we take a holistic approach to benefits because we believe that every aspect of our work matters. It should go without saying (but we’re saying it anyway!) that our full-time employees and their families get comprehensive healthcare (including health, vision and dental), life insurance, paid vacation/personal days/sick days, FMLA leave, paid maternity/paternity/adoption leave, retirement, profit sharing, HSA with employer match, mobile phone stipend, and more.
We encourage employees to collaborate and suggest expected and unexpected ways to continually improve benefits. Our benefits rival, and even exceed, those of large organizations – we’ve got your back.