Join a fast-paced, global, multidisciplinary design team that researches, designs, and delivers awesome hardware and software solutions for the industrial IoT as part of Honeywell's Safety & Productivity Solutions (SPS) group. SPS creates solutions serving more than 500 million workers worldwide in the energy, construction, first responder, transportation & logistics, retail, and healthcare sectors.
We are seeking a senior level Industrial Designer ready to design outstanding branded, seamless experiences across safety products, mobile computers, scanners and printers. You will coach and mentor other designers, and constructively partner across the business to advocate for design that enables user needs. We will count on you to help define both near-term tactical and long-term strategic designs by collaborating with offering management and engineering teams.
• Lead industrial design development and implementation for product categories.
• Develop and implement cohesive design strategies, incorporating research insights and business needs that span touch points across the life cycle of multiple products.
• Scope, plan, and execute design projects within an agile development process. Ensure that product development objectives and schedules are met.
• Maintain a continued understanding of the marketplace, competition, industry, methods, and relevant trends.
• Carefully maintain and evolve the Honeywell brand design language in collaboration with the cross-functional team and design leadership, and align with Honeywell’s overall brand goals.
• Stay on top of quickly evolving business objectives with a flexible mindset.
• Drive communication of the product’s design intent to manufacturers and work closely with mechanical engineering.
• Contribute toward a holistic end-to-end user experience approach that extends beyond the product and software use (e.g. purchase, maintenance, repair, etc). Attend meetings and maintain close connection with the business team and program management.
• Manage engagements with external design and development firms.
Work with product teams (20%)
The above may include travel up to 15% of your time.
Initially this role will be based in Fort Mill, SC with a potential move to the Greater Charlotte area in the near future.
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design.
• 5+ years’ experience designing physical products.
• Exceptional portfolio demonstrating innovative concepts and commercialized products.
• Master’s degree in industrial design or related field.
• Experience working across multiple types of products and platforms.
• Proven understanding of manufacturing and engineering processes involved in product development. Extensive insight and knowledge of production methods and materials.
• Experience applying corporate branding and design language systems.
• Experience in creating low to high-fidelity prototypes and rapid prototyping.
• High-level of proficiency in industrial design digital creation tools; 3D-CAD (Alias, Rhino, Creo, SolidWorks) rendering (Keyshot), and Adobe CS Suite.
• Experience working collaboratively in global, multi-disciplinary design teams with cross-functional stakeholders.
• An attitude biased toward ownership, action, and pragmatic design tradeoffs.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and juggle multiple projects at once.