Lead Dev Ops Engineer
Factset is seeking a talented Lead Dev Ops Engineer to lead the real-time market data migration to the cloud. The team is responsible for providing FactSet’s real-time market data to internal and external endpoints, as quickly and efficiently as possible. By joining this team at this early stage of our cloud migration you will have an opportunity to help design the system from the ground up and gain experience in the low latency world of real-time market data.
You will get the opportunity to be an integral part of the market data team providing expertise on the technical challenges related to moving high volume network systems up to the cloud. As a Dev Ops Engineer, you will get to work with technologies such as; Linux, AWS, Azure, Ansible, Terraform and Jenkins.
- Redesign parts of the market data system to move to the cloud
- Write terraform scripts and ansible plays to help with deployment
- Work with teams to determine the appropriate cloud solutions for their problems
- Designing, configuring, delivering and securing systems/applications across Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud Solutions
- Linux server technologies, including building, patching configuring systems and creating AMIs
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery systems (e.g Jenkins)
- Automated deployment/management systems like Terraform
- Full understanding of IAC concepts and using related systems like ansible and github
- Experience in AWS or Azure
- Scripting python, bash etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Dev Ops Engineer working with Cloud technology
- Experience in both AWS and Azure
- Detailed knowledge of Linux networking including tuning for performance.
- Excellent understanding of Network systems especially hybrid systems that span Local DC and multiple clouds.
- Experience in migrating very high network load systems (millions of packets per second) into a cloud environment.
- Nice to have experience with container technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
FactSet is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity